Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

the Oliver 55 is a nice tractor, but for parts, it is the highest . My advice would be to stay away from one.
All the other Olivers, 66 77 etc are less expensive for parts.
Not buying any tractors now, That massey for sale would have been a very good deal considering they bring 2500 to 4000. ( well if a came across real exceptional deal I would buy another)

Many of these older tractor some more than others some parts are just not around. Expensive.
I bought my Massey 65 with a blown engine, but had new tires, new clutch. Very nice shape for age being a 58. Bought it for 1000 and bought 2 engines for a 1000. A real good one and not so good one. But extra parts. I repowered it.

there is a guy southern wisconsin which parts tractors, I was down there month ago bought 2 rears and 4 front tires for 320.00. needed tires for 8n . Rears were not bad some cracking prolly 60 percent tread and good rims, fluid filled. Then the 4 front tires were all pretty good with good rims.

So expensive to fix tractor tires and or to switch tires on rims. Getting around here not many places left that do it. Only 1 and hear he is going to quit and retire.

I need to get outside and mow the lawn before it rains and starts to grow again.
I got a temporary setup for the irrigation system and got some water to the peppers and tomatoes. They were getting pretty droopy.

DH has been cutting our grass long (3.5") for a couple of years. I am not sure I like it longer, at least in the front yard. With the shade from the huge maples, the grass is sparce and it always looks like it needs to be mowed. Well, it looks nice for about a day after being mowed.
Teach a woman to garden, the entire neighborhood gets zucchini.

This funny because when we used to have a big garden my wife got the seeds mixed up one year. We were suppose to have lots and lots of pumpkins, some winter squash and some zucchini. We had some pumpkins, some winter squash and lots and lots of zucchini.

Not buying any tractors now, That massey for sale would have been a very good deal considering they bring 2500 to 4000. ( well if a came across real exceptional deal I would buy another)

Many of these older tractor some more than others some parts are just not around. Expensive.
I bought my Massey 65 with a blown engine, but had new tires, new clutch. Very nice shape for age being a 58. Bought it for 1000 and bought 2 engines for a 1000. A real good one and not so good one. But extra parts. I repowered it.

there is a guy southern wisconsin which parts tractors, I was down there month ago bought 2 rears and 4 front tires for 320.00. needed tires for 8n . Rears were not bad some cracking prolly 60 percent tread and good rims, fluid filled. Then the 4 front tires were all pretty good with good rims.

So expensive to fix tractor tires and or to switch tires on rims. Getting around here not many places left that do it. Only 1 and hear he is going to quit and retire.
I had Scheirl Tire fix my tractor tires a couple of times. yah, pricey. I had to replace the rims, too.
there is a place near Beaver Dam for used tractor parts. there are a couple on the web, too. they are pricey ..
There is a guy close to me that fixes farm equipment. but he doesn't work on "vintage" tractors. I talked him into fixing mine a couple of years ago. but he didn't like it.LOLOL

BL4, My only advice for him would to be to do just one at a time. If it is going to take a long time, tell the people up front. If he needs some special machining done, farm it out.
Learn to walk before he has to run.

Had a good 4th.
dragged out the old Husqvarna zero turn lawn mower. Have to get a tube for one tire. going to see if I can revive it. It ran last summer when I parked it.
I am going to use it for mowing around the grapes. can't get close with the Cub Cadet rider.
Annie bought me six tennis balls. I am going to poke holes in them and put them on the ends of the rebar cross arms of the grape trellises.
We don't want anybody to get poked

I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day!

Since I was still recovering from my bug, we had a low-key weekend. Grilled some chicken and steak, fresh corn on the cob from our local farm stand (yes it was trucked in but I will still purchase to support the guy). And a few visits with the kids. Made some rhubarb custard pie too.

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July. I lost notifications to the thread again. Our garden is growing big. We were without power for about 30 minutes. The garden is flooded now. Hope everyone stays safe.
The radar says your gonna get more, good luck. Looks like quite a few storms have traveled southern WI today and last night.

Back
Top Bottom