Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Jelinek11 -- sorry about your Dad. I lost my dad to leukemia about 10 years ago. Still feels like yesterday. It is a horrible process to watch and go through.
Sorry about your loss, Jelinek11.
Thanks Colton! BTW my oldest son's name is Michael. He's three :)
Jel got the gist of the loss of your father I'm so very sorry
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Thanks Dr.H. If I remember correctly, you just lost your parents not too long ago as well correct? :(
Jel, also sorry to hear about your dad.
Thanks Cuties
J11... So sorry for your loss. Yes loosing a parent is so so hard. I lost both of mine 11 years ago at the same time. They were murdered in a home invasion. No matter how you lose them is so very hard. We will see them again one day !!
Oh my goodness Frenchie! That is horrible. I hope they found the monster that did that to your parents! I cannot imagine. So very Sorry. Thank you so much for your kind words. We WILL see them again
hugs.gif

IF I missed anyone else, I apologize. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend!

Ok, so I brought the van in for an alignment. They charged me $17 to put it on the machine and tell me that the alignment was ok but I needed a wheel bearing on the driver side. To the tune of $243.00.

Then went over to Country Tire to get some new used tires put on the van. So for $106 I got two tires put on the front plus picked up a slightly more used tire to put on a rim (that I need to get yet) to have for a spare. They said the other two tires are ok. Really weird how the two worn ones wore out. flat spots.... wonder if because the van sat a lot before I got it from my aunt a year ago.

So the guy at Country tire told me to check out Certified Automotive and get another look at the wheel bearing. Went there and he was to busy to look at it, made an appointment for next week. Then as long as I was there I thought I would ask him about the rusted strut tower. He said he didn't do that kind of work but referred me to the auto body shop down the road. Stopped there and he said anywhere between $500-$600 and said it basically is a bandaid fix. He said the battery being so close to the strut tower leaks battery acid every time the car is running causing the strut towers on the drivers side to rust out. And there really is no fix. Car it considered junk !!!

When I first read about this a few months ago I was livid. Chrysler knows about it, makes the repair (bandaid kit) kit for it but has never had a recall on any of the vehicles knowing that this problem occurs !!! My Aunt bought this van new (now only has 80k) and always kept it in good repair and would have brought it in had anyone have mentioned the problem.
When I did a search a few months ago there were cars/vans with very low milage with rusted out strut towers.
So if you own a Chrysler product I would suggest that you check it out. Now how do you even sell something knowing it has this problem ? So so much for putting the $243 into it for the wheel bearing work !!! It's not making any noise so I might just leave it and just drive the thing into the ground. Sad part is the engine is running fine.
God I wish I was born rich instead of beautiful !!!!

Unk, yep I checked with Pomps, they didn't have any matching tires for the van and almost no one has the size I need for the truck, especially two of the same kind that I have on now.
The guy at Country Tire said you have to measure the circumference of the tires and if it is within a 1.5" difference you can put two new tires on. So Pomps in Antigo said they would match Fleet Farms price but they didn't have any in stock but said I should talk to Pomps in Rhinelander who does have them and they should be able to match the price as well. First I need to have it aligned or the front end looked at to since the tires have worn out to the belt on the outsides of the tire !!!
So taking it one step at a time......which seems like one step forward and two steps backwards at times!!

Sandigettingveryknowledgeableabouttires

HI FRENCHIE!
Sorry I didn't respond about your computer problems but being a former pro tech I know way too well that trying to do this on here w/o knowing what machine, what operating system, your personal skill level, etc. is a recipe for disaster. It would be like putting on a blind fold and then attempting to treat one of your animals. What I do recommend is that you go to the website for your computer. They usually have great how-to tips on maintaining your computer complete often with pics and videos. Hope that helps.

JIM - I read all your posts! I don't often comment because I am such a rooky in all things chicken compared to you but I love learning even about Ollie. Old tractors, etc. fascinate me.
BTW - I hope Dora continues to improve. She is such a sweety.

Bad day today. Looks like the leukosis is finally taking its toll on my momma chicken. She's the production Aussie I rescued. I knew she wouldn't probably stay up till winter. She was doing good, tho of course she hasn't layed in months. Now the past few days or so she's been moving a bit slower, spending more time in the shade. I noticed this morning that she is starting to breathe thru her mouth. I opened up the herb garden let her and Soup go in. This was always her favorite place and she and Soup were having a ball nibbling on herbs and searching for worms, but soon she was back standing in the shade of the greenhouse. It would be easier if she didn't otherwise look so good! Feathers are shiny, eyes ars clear. Her appetite has been decreasing somewhat for awhile, eating OK but just not getting excited much about her favorite treats tho she was eating a bit better recently. I was hoping, but then I pick her up and feel the too big, mushy tummy and remember. Now that she is starting to have trouble breathing, I know she'll go down quickly now. I won't let her suffer. I didn't rescue her to then allow that. Oh well, she got to raise a chick and have a great summer being a hen as God intended. I'll cry (silly me) but I take comfort in that tho short, she had the best middle and end to her life.

On a happier note, I just got a phone call. It was Trig' s in Rhineander. My name was drawn as a finalist in the drawing for the big grill prize package as part of their grand 're-opening after their remodel. I have to be there tomorrow :fl

ETA - momma went down hill fast this afternoon. she was still ambulatory but making gurgling like sounds, etc occasionally, her eyes were beginning to dull and she had separated herself from the flock and was just standing under the bench. She eluded me for a bit but I soon caught her and she just relaxed in my arms. I put her into a carrier and hubby ended her suffering for me.
R I P MY SWEET FRICASSEE :hugs

Last edited:
Just sitting in the parking lot at McDonalds with my laptop. Vegetating !!! (sp) BTW the newer used tires make this old van ride nicde again, guess flat spots will definitely create a problem !! LOL

Jel11, yes they did catch the SOB, BB ! He was high on cocaine at the time of the murders and he left a beer can on their back porch. They matched his DNA and fingerprint from that can. Otherwise he had gloves on when he was in the house. He got two life sentences plus 5 years each. Way to good for him ! He is at Waupun (sp)... I shudder every time I drive down to Racine and see the exit sign for Waupun/Brownsville !!!

Not sure how long I'm gonna sit here. Just ate a large ice cream cone from Jets Dairy(now Briqs)....we used to drive here from the cabin in Monico when we were kids and get ice cream cones...gosh that's 50 years ago now. They are handing out cards for every large cone you buy. Collect 100 and you get free ice cream for life, discounts, coupons etc....... I think I have maybe 3 cards !!!!! Long way to go but I'm working on it !!!! Jim are you saving them ???? There is a Briqs in Wausau !! @$2.85 a cone, that's $285.... wow no small change !! I'm afraid after I hear the news from the cardiologist on Monday I might have to sell my cards !!!!! Or put them in a memory book !!! LOL

HI FRENCHIE!
Sorry I didn't respond about your computer problems but being a former pro tech I know way too well that trying to do this on here w/o knowing what machine, what operating system, your personal skill level, etc. is a recipe for disaster. It would be like putting on a blind fold and then attempting to treat one of your animals. What I do recommend is that you go to the website for your computer. They usually have great how-to tips on maintaining your computer complete often with pics and videos. Hope that helps.

JIM - I read all your posts! I don't often comment because I am such a rooky in all things chicken compared to you but I love learning even about Ollie. Old tractors, etc. fascinate me.
BTW - I hope Dora continues to improve. She is such a sweety.
Bad day today. Looks like the leukosis is finally taking its toll on my momma chicken. She's the production Aussie I rescued. I knew she wouldn't probably stay up till winter. She was doing good, tho of course she hasn't layed in months. Now the past few days or so she's been moving a bit slower, spending more time in the shade. I noticed this morning that she is starting to breathe thru her mouth. I opened up the herb garden let her and Soup go in. This was always her favorite place and she and Soup were having a ball nibbling on herbs and searching for worms, but soon she was back standing in the shade of the greenhouse. It would be easier if she didn't otherwise look so good! Feathers are shiny, eyes ars clear. Her appetite has been decreasing somewhat for awhile, eating OK but just not getting excited much about her favorite treats tho she was eating a bit better recently. I was hoping, but then I pick her up and feel the too big, mushy tummy and remember. Now that she is starting to have trouble breathing, I know she'll go down quickly now. I won't let her suffer. I didn't rescue her to then allow that. Oh well, she got to raise a chick and have a great summer being a hen as God intended. I'll cry (silly me) but I take comfort in that tho short, she had the best middle and end to her life.

On a happier note, I just got a phone call. It was Trig' s in Rhineander. My name was drawn as a finalist in the drawing for the big grill prize package as part of their grand 're-opening after their remodel. I have to be there tomorrow
fl.gif
sorry to hear of momma chicken

good luck on the drawing
fl.gif

VickyW.... so sorry to hear your mama hen is failing.... Might just be her time.... so sad
hit.gif
....At least you will have some time to say your good byes.
hugs.gif

Hopefully she will pass in her sleep. Not familiar with the disease you mentioned ??? Not going to attempt to spell it either. Do you think she is laying internally or is that what that is?

Congrats winning the Grill package. I don't normally shop at Trigs, probably should have !!!
th.gif
Go to Aldi's mostly. I don't usually get a Trigs flyer so don't know what is on sale. Their sales are good !

Don't want to go home.... way to much to do and I didn't sleep well last night. ET makes me set the alarm for 5am on my cel phone........
smack.gif

He is on my $hit list these days.... ok well he is almost everyday but hey, that's why I got married !!! Now I have a license to do it !!! LOL

I walked outside the other day and said we have to look at all of the tires on all of the vehicles and figure out what we need as long as I WAS DOING ALL THE CALLING...... all of a sudden he says I am blind.... WHAT.... he starts laughing.......
I looked right past a huge boat sitting in our driveway !!! It is a big boat that you could use on lake Michigan. His boss's son (actually his boss too) and must have gotten it in as trade. He was going to pay ET cash to clean it up and get it ready to sell.
I should have know ET was up to no good the day before he was asking me where a certain blue gun case was. Thought that was suspicious but let it go.
Turns out he traded the gun for the boat !!! NOW he won't get paid to clean the boat... told him he should have got paid to fix the boat first THEN traded !!!
Arghhhh...the worst part is he traded a Ducks Unlimited (I think shotgun) for it. I wanted that gun to go to my nephew.... no doubt it is ET's gun but I liked that gun. I like pretty guns period. That is why after we met at the gun club I went out and bought a pretty shotgun with a gold (not pure) trigger. Browning Citori SS Skeet gun !!!
I was so ****** Off it wasn't funny !!! Not so much that he did it but EVERY TIME, and I mean EVERY TIME I am going to buy or bring another animal home I ALWAYS run it by him!!!! ALWAYS.. ok well, one exception when I brought my first pot belly pig home. He didn't answer his cel phone and I was there buying ducks (that he knew of) and the lady offered me Porky for $22. BUT we had talked about getting pigs !!!
So now we have a boat that needs severe cleaning, a new windshield and am out a pretty DU gun !!!!
smack.gif
He said he stopped at a friends house and the guy said he got a good deal !!! I do admit the trailer alone is probably worth as much as the gun but still
smack.gif
The gun was brand new !!!! Here's another one just for the H3LL of it, Oh H3LL two more !!!
smack.gif
smack.gif
Now I know why he fell asleep in the living room chair and never came to bed the night before he got the boat... then the next day he vanished.......here's another just for that !!!
smack.gif

Ok, now that I got that off my chest !!!
lau.gif

Thanks for listening guys....... LOL

Sandiwonderingwhatsurprisetheweekendwillbring

Last edited:
No I might go hit Foster and Smith and see what is in their clearance section !!!! Then to Aldi's and Menards as long as I am in town... Just need to find some energy !!!

Beautiful weather up here today.... have a nice weekend all... sorry for the rant in the above post... LOL Better to vent here then to start yelling again at ET right ?? LOL hard to miss that boat in the driveway though !!!
th.gif

Hi all...in for a break...I got a new pet! I am not going to tell anyone what it is either...I will share a pic in a little bit. (
duc.gif
)
ahh yes,,,,, naked showgirls,,,,chicks from the past
yuckyuck.gif
I know why Jim reads all of your posts...they are short and his eyes dont cross! If his eyes cross at Frenchies then they must cross with mine too...Oh well--that's how it goes!
HEY JIM...it is spelled "Files" not "PHiles" ! Just thought I should point that out...I need to feel a bit better today...
hide.gif

The Rusk County UW extension office is offering a Pullet Suprise Youth contest for ages 8-18 and my son is writing for one of the categories "A Humorous Poultry Experience" about my Black Cochin Bantam he/she rooster that's now on his 3rd batch of chick raising this year.
The prize is- grand!
A pair of show quality purebred fowl(provided by the members of the Wis. International Poultry Club), incubator, caging, feed, a copy of the 2011 edition of "The American Standard of Perfection", one year membership in the WIPC and a poultry carrier. Awards presented at the 2013 Wisconsin international Poultry Club Show.( anyone know where this is held?) I'm very hopefully his story will win but I'm sure their will be some competition.
I think the Portage show is the one where they give that one out. I got a "Pullet Surprise" button last year when I attended and it is called the international show. (though I couldnt really see why!) My neighbor also won that when he was 9. A very cool little kid too...had a nice long chat with his Mom the other day. She has 6 boys and 1 girl all out of the house now! All I can say is that it's a really good thing I didnt have 7 kids cause they probably would all still be here!
good morning,, If you are raising chickens of a certain breed, spell the name correctly..

It does not hurt to lift the hen off of the eggs.. If you mark them so that the mark is visible without turning the egg, then you do not have to handle any of them.. that is, draw a line all the way around the middle of the egg and another line all around in the long direction.. an O / X mark means nothing to the chicken..
then all you have to do is lift the chicken and remove any eggs that do not have these marks..
generally the new eggs will be around the outside edge of the clutch..

I like SPAM, sliced and fried.. on an English muffin with a hard fried egg, brown mustard and horseradish sauce.. beats the McMuffin all to heII ..

it was weird letting the birds loose today.. NO hens came out.. All 9 of the orphaned chicks came out, non the worse for wear .. they piled up in a corner to sleep last night..

It will be strange to not collect eggs for awhile, .. but we have about 10 dozen stockpiled, so we shouldn't have to buy any .. the BO"s are 14 weeks old,, It shouldn't be too long before they start to lay.. (i hope )

TerriO, nice of you to ignore my question.. How come nobody ever answers my questions ??
now that's funny, If nobody answers my questions,, how do I expect anyone to answer my question about not answering my questions ???

.......jimjusttypingforthesakeoftypingnobodyreadshispostsanyhow..........
I like SPAM too...isnt that weird? Your sandwich sounds delicious BTW! We always had it fried with onions on hard rolls when I was a kid. I made it once here and the people went NUTS for it...so much for eating pure food hey?
I am sorry that I didnt answer your question...I think I remember you asking something...ask again!
I like the idea of the line all the way around. Now why didnt I think of that?
only if you add some glue, then the roots are sure to stick
Hmmm--troublemaker here! I think Cind tried that with the grape starts she wanted to bring to the bash. (fail) I would recommend Rooting powder and putting them in Pearlite. Alternatively you can bury part of the vine anad then sever it from the Mother plant after it has rooted well.
Ok, let us all pipe down and be nice to each other. Does anyone know how to play Kumbaya?

I'm sure there is at least something gelatinous, if not another binder, in both of the pellets in my mix. When I have tried to make FF out of the two pellets, I get a gelatinous blob on top of my FF. But when I make it from crumble I don't have this problem.

Thanks Jim for recommending the mark all around. That will definitely help. What are the opinions on permanent markers on eggs?
OH Oh...talk about a trouble maker....I am staying out if it this time!
hide.gif

Sandi, hope that new boat doesn't need a new keyed switch..
gig.gif
th.gif
Come ON Jim...she is already ticked! Sandi...DONT LET HIM TOUCH THE NEW BOAT!

I see I am missing a post that I quoted...just so I can be a trouble maker too...

Aerobatics is the practice of flying maneuvers involving aircraft attitudes that are not used in normal flight.

I am sure you did not mean to use that word Deli! Aerobic or Anaerobic was probably the word you were thinking of for the bacteria in the FF.

OK I am heading outside to play with MY NEW PET>>>>>
wee.gif

TerriO

Back
Top Bottom