Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Vicki, that is sooo cute!! Sounds just like my sydney! We save $ around here tho! Lol she makes her harnesses out of string :-D

Del sorry about your sl :'( is it one of the new ones?

Syd is adorable..no not the new ones..the bantam SLW. The only one I kept out of that batch we ordered. It was not a good batch. Between single comb and bantams..ugh

These are the new ones..we eventually need to swap eggs..I love the tents and hard tail feather on these birds..
Are yours laying yet?
Morning all!

A while ago I got a couple birds from Celtic Chick. I was going to give her an update and send pics but then thought I'd post them here...maybe you all can help me decide if I have 2 pullets or 1 pullet and 1 cockerel.
CC, they're doing great. Still getting along fine with the older hens and growing like little weeds, very calm and sweet. Thanks again for the wonderful birds!

this is a cockerel

You have a pair
Del-sorry about your slw!
Whoever was asking about CC's LAV ORPS, my opinion is all female.
thanks..she was so sweet

This is the excaliber I bought today for $100... Don't think I am dehydrating eggs yet LOL
http://madison.craigslist.org/hsh/3980656407.html

Was unsed only 1 time I think I got a great deal!! Glad someone told me about this model THANKS!!!
I got taken... plugged it in to do the apples today and no fan no heat and the link is of course gone so I cant go back to the person who sold me this hunk of junk... Something someone told me if it sounds too good to be true it probably is
old.gif

Least it wasn't something really vital like a car or chickens...

Oh no momgill!! That is the pits! So sorry. Sometimes people can be horrible :-(

Viki, no eggs :-( when I refill their nest boxes with straw, they just scratch it out :-/ those are some nice type girls!!

Bigz no eggs from lb's yet either :-(

Vicki, ty for the suggestion! The shelter did not know the reputation. But knew the clinic. I looked them up. Good reviews! I called and scheduled. :)

I got taken... plugged it in to do the apples today and no fan no heat and the link is of course gone so I cant go back to the person who sold me this hunk of junk... Something someone told me if it sounds too good to be true it probably is
old.gif

barnie.gif
I believe there is a special place in hell for people who do things like that!!

Evening To Everyone, and Big Welcome to the new folks!

Good Wishes for Neil sent your way Cind.

Great job jj...I have the perfect spot for the coop here in the back. I'll give you a K for that baby!

I think the trio is a little upset with the new temp digs here. It will take em a while to adjust and be happy birds again I'm thinkin.

I just a love a woman who packs! It just makes such good sense.

I wasent home the Friday you went by CC. Otherwise we coulda kissed the flask. It's always in the freezer, for medicinal purposes only, of course.

Yep, my flock is molting too. eggless pretty much right now.

Be Safe...bigz

NO NO NO! Bring the kids! I am bringing the 2 girls I watch...5 and 7--they NEED to have playmates or they will "Mommy" ME to death!
gig.gif
They are hoping for others to play with!

OK--I do believe they are knocking on the door now! I feel like Mother Goose...or the Ped Piper of chickens...
th.gif

Have a good one! TerriO

(PS)JJ--just why does one spread milkweed seeds? Let me guess...Daniel is hoping to find many many Monarch caterpillars next year?
Yes monarchs.. Everything goes better with butterflies. The monarch population has dwindled to next to none this year, so we are keeping the life source going for them for next year. and it's fun watching them float on the wind. lastly, they are not invasive to my prairie. If they were named milk flower everyone would want them

This is the excaliber I bought today for $100... Don't think I am dehydrating eggs yet LOL
http://madison.craigslist.org/hsh/3980656407.html

Was unsed only 1 time I think I got a great deal!! Glad someone told me about this model THANKS!!!

I got taken... plugged it in to do the apples today and no fan no heat and the link is of course gone so I cant go back to the person who sold me this hunk of junk... Something someone told me if it sounds too good to be true it probably is :old

Oh wow, how rotten. Sadly, there are those in this world but the law of seed time and harvest applies to them too. They will reap what they have sown.

what does surprise me is an Excalibur that doesn't work! Boy when I think what I've put mine thru and they keep on tickin'. You're already out the money anyway. You might want to consider having someone take a look at it.

NO NO NO!  Bring the kids!  I am bringing the 2 girls I watch...5 and 7--they NEED to have playmates or they will "Mommy" ME to death!  :gig They are hoping for others to play with!

OK--I do believe they are knocking on the door now!  I feel like Mother Goose...or the Ped Piper of chickens...:th
Have a good one!  TerriO

(PS)JJ--just why does one spread milkweed seeds? Let me guess...Daniel is hoping to find many many Monarch caterpillars next year?

Yes monarchs.. Everything goes better with butterflies.  The monarch population has dwindled to next to none this year, so we are keeping the life source going for them for next year.  and it's fun watching them float on the wind.  lastly,  they are not invasive to my prairie.  If they were named milk flower everyone would want them

Since we don't have cattle (milkweed is toxic to them), I tried to seed our meadow with milkweed several times for the butterflies and the pods for my crafting, but I think our soil is just too acid.

We like releasing the milkweed...the kids love it and it grows crazy around here. I have found I can't take some seeds and out in soil, but it does well on its own

Went to Twain's "how to heal your chicken" seminar this evening at the feed store. Learned some junk. Got a 5 dollar coupon for nutrena feeds too. Got to meet Elvis the modern game wheaten banty. It was all fun and info.

Back
Top Bottom