Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning,

nice to see a break in the weather coming,,

I will take the opportunity to give the driveway a good cleaning of snow..

...........jiminwisc.........

I was having trouble with my photos today,, these are just sort of a test
to see if the photos are working again,,

as long as I have them up, I will try to explain what is going on here..

I needed a smaller diameter stud for pulling a pulley off of a shaft,,
so I took a socket wrench that just fit over the end of the wheel puller stud.
I put a 7/16 " bolt through the 1/2" square hole and tightened it in with a nut.
the bottom picture shows everything in place.. the pliers are just holding the socket in place for the picture..

just another tip from "Jim's jury rigging shop "

..........jiminwisc......

good morning,, this is a test to see if BYC is broke or not..

I have not been outside, but at 11;oo PM it was -20* F here,,
can't imagine that it warmed up much yet this morning,,

I put a whole bale of wood shavings into the dog house.. I noticed some sticking to Frankie when I petted her. I wonder how long it will be before all of the shavings are gone.

this test is over..

.......jiminwisc..........

Morning :)
light snow here. I hope it was notna mistake to bring the car today! Things are slowing down for us a bit. Finally. Feels nice to not be top speed at all times.
Sadly we had a younf call duck (Little Jo) who has never really preened himself properly. Past weekend he had some ice in his feathers. And we brought him in to get it all melted off. But yesterday he froze :,( he was the kids favorite. It was so sad. He was in the pond on the small ice burg.
Otherwise the birds are doing well. Laying like crazy. But I am afraid we will not have awesome hatch rates as it has been cold even in the barn. We will see.
at the end of the month the other guy that does my job goes into n to have his knee looked at. Thinking it will be surgery. So things wont be slow fornlong. Looks like I will buy back on 12's :/
time will tell. .......

A cold start to the day. Hopefully the forecast is correct for a warming spell rest of the week.

Good to see the big 10 bring back the title.

A few more cold days and I may be able to see my desk again. I hate paper work. Much prefer working outdoors.
The flocks not happy that I restricted them from free ranging. They have decided their favorite spot is the elevated flower bed.
DW was not amused. Will have to ponder this one. For now they a very large fenced in area.

Freezing morning all!
Yup it's almost noon and still showing -8 here while up north it is 0?! Not getting that one...

SO was out most of Saturday and Sunday to cut the wood sticks (sold as "slabs" but still only sticks) for fire wood. I kept telling him all summer and fall to get fire wood or fell some trees but NOOOO!
1f621.png
1f624.png

Don't listen to a woman with common sense til Ur ready to freeze Ur balls off and snatch a cold! Too shameful for a stubborn mule to admit I could be right (and not for the first time)! So I leave him be and let him worry about it while it's -20 out. Not my fault!!!

Was over at sclark's to greet the new ducklings on Saturday
1f423.png
1f425.png
and trying to figure out what breed they could be, as our ick is still all running together, so we'd have mixed nuts.. ehm... EGGS! Lol. Just gonna have the huge task of not falling in love with them...
1f497.png
no, can't do that! Shucks, too late...
Now I'm curious what lil ones will hatch from our chicken eggs she just put in lockdown
1f423.png

Stay warm everyone as I plan do not step more than one foot outside (cause of the dog
1f436.png
) and just relax with some freshly baked Amish Friendship bread. Hmmm. Later!

Back
Top Bottom