Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Yep, exactly Jim the direction she should take in my opinion...this is America...the land of the free....I was hoping I could get a fire going under her? A lot of folks go a different direction than their education would think they are directed....you go girl!

Thanks for sharing the link Irish....We all know that bl4 can do it...like I said...no investment and a good free chance to get the ball rolling.....Oh how I could make money doing this from home...
wink.png

bigz

Thanks for sharing the link Irish....We all know that bl4 can do it...like I said...no investment and a good free chance to get the ball rolling.....Oh how I could make money doing this from home...
wink.png

bigz
there is a couple of women on our road who make cakes and breads.. it started out small, and now they have a small kitchen built in their back yard where they do their baking,, their biggest mistake is keeping a low profile,, I have never seen an ad for their business.. Low profile is OK to get started, but it is like winking in the dark,,, you know you did it, but nobody else knew ..

.........jiminwisc......

Right on Jim...nothing more precious than good word of mouth...real business is built on that and makes paying for advertising a less than bad investment.....good customers come from the mouth.

Too bad we aren't 40 years younger and know what we know now, eh! We could make a bunch of money...but then, it ain't ho- made bread, is it?

bigz

I had worms here, I now have Marek's
hit.gif
A rare (for around here) Bobcat got 2 of my turkeys and a cat.
barnie.gif
Awww, so sorry to hear that Cind.
hugs.gif

RNS, if you are close to water, you also have to deal with weasels. They are one of the worst preds for decimating a flock.

I don't worm my flock. I try to remember to take a fecal sample in for my vet to test when I take one of the cats in. So far, so good.

If you have your coop insulated, I don't think you would need to heat your coop unless it got really frigid at night. Try to be sure it is well ventilated without being too drafty. HTH

Congrats on the hatch ChickenG, and welcome to the Cheesehead thread! You sound like you aren't too terribly far from me. I am near Mukwonago.

Spot on CC...nobody knows more on here than your good advice....so much is lost in the posts, and it's hard to keep up with the important stuff all the time....You get the best of the best award! I'm glad to have you as my friend....and the Cheeseheads......Simply the Best!

bigz

Awww, so sorry to hear that Cind.
hugs.gif

RNS, if you are close to water, you also have to deal with weasels. They are one of the worst preds for decimating a flock.

I don't worm my flock. I try to remember to take a fecal sample in for my vet to test when I take one of the cats in. So far, so good.

If you have your coop insulated, I don't think you would need to heat your coop unless it got really frigid at night. Try to be sure it is well ventilated without being too drafty. HTH

Congrats on the hatch ChickenG, and welcome to the Cheesehead thread! You sound like you aren't too terribly far from me. I am near Mukwonago.
Thanks Celtic Chick. Howdy neighbor, I do live in the town of Mukwonago.

Sorry fellas, I was busy today. I had a phone interview this morning and then shopping and debating on FB this afternoon.
big_smile.png

Baking cakes and other bakery goods out of your home (without a licensed kitchen) is fine and dandy IF you do not charge for it. As soon as you charge for the service the State inspector can shut you down and fine you. You may only ask for donations. I could rent a certified kitchen in town, but I would have to store my supplies there or lug everything there.

I do not want to waste the money building a certified kitchen off my house, and there is no WAY an inspector would pass my kitchen as a certified kitchen (I have too many furry critters roaming the house and no way to shut them out).

I do not want to have a career at the moment baking cakes. I like to do it for other people, I want to continue to enjoy baking and I do not want it to become a chore. It keeps me busy testing new recipes and ideas, and of course I really enjoy watching people eat the finished product. It is the same with my soap making, just a hobby I enjoy doing. Like some people enjoy quilting or knitting, this is what I enjoy doing for others.

I appreciate all the support from all of you, thank you!

I would not be bored BigZ if I did not live in town on my postage stamp.

Thank you Irish for the offer, but I prefer fishing in the warm months when one can dip their toes in the water while fishing.

The position I interviewed for today was one I would REALLY like to get. The manager who was interviewing me was very easy to talk with, and was telling jokes the entire time. Someone I would enjoy working with.
big_smile.png
I will not know for a few weeks if I was selected for the position or not, so keep
fl.gif
. It is at a large pharmaceutical company doing QC work; just what I always wanted. They have all the super cool toys to play with!

Spot on CC...nobody knows more on here than your good advice....so much is lost in the posts, and it's hard to keep up with the important stuff all the time....You get the best of the best award! I'm glad to have you as my friend....and the Cheeseheads......Simply the Best!

bigz
Awwww............ that is so sweet, Bigz!
hugs.gif
But most of what I know I learned from you & the other wise folk on this thread. Wait a minute......... you're not just saying that because you don't want me to drink all my beer stash, are you?
wink.png
gig.gif
You are definitely the bestest, Bigz, and I am so glad to have you as my friend also.
love.gif

Mellie,
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom