Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Thanks Celtic Chick. Howdy neighbor, I do live in the town of Mukwonago.
frow.gif
I am just east of you in Vernon.
smile.png

Awww, so sorry to hear that Cind.
hugs.gif

RNS, if you are close to water, you also have to deal with weasels. They are one of the worst preds for decimating a flock.

I don't worm my flock. I try to remember to take a fecal sample in for my vet to test when I take one of the cats in. So far, so good.

If you have your coop insulated, I don't think you would need to heat your coop unless it got really frigid at night. Try to be sure it is well ventilated without being too drafty. HTH

Congrats on the hatch ChickenG, and welcome to the Cheesehead thread! You sound like you aren't too terribly far from me. I am near Mukwonago.

Thanks, CC! No water nearby, we live on a hill. I am working on my fiancé to get a guard dog for the flock. From what I hear it makes a real difference. He says I can have as many animals as I want, space is not an issue, but he is afraid my "outdoor" dog will turn into an indoor dog! LOL I am such an animal freak he thinks I won't have the heart to put a puppy outside.
love.gif

Thanks, CC!  No water nearby, we live on a hill.  I am working on my fiancé to get a guard dog for the flock.  From what I hear it makes a real difference.  He says I can have as many animals as I want, space is not an issue, but he is afraid my "outdoor" dog will turn into an indoor dog!  LOL  I am such an animal freak he thinks I won't have the heart to put a puppy outside.  :love
[/quot

You need to pm Jim about LGD.
We have a Chesse for our lgd. He is a house pet. But stays out when it is not super cold. He has just about ceased attacks on our flock. Our #1 predator is the neighbors husky. While Echo does a wonderful job keeping dogs, coyote, and coons and things of that nature away he is in no way bonded to our chickens. They are safe because he protects our property. His domain. Not the chickens. So when the hawks eat the chickens he doesn't give chase. As he does not see them as a threat :)
my .02

FFF again already. Where did the week go?

Good Luck with the job hunt bl4! How far will the commute be if you land the job?

Nothing new here. I'll prolly watch the game this weekend, but I won't watch any of the pre-game hype...I could care less about either team....I'm still in a fowl mood over the loss....

bigz

The commute from my house? Three hours. This type of opportunity is not available up here, and it is what I studied in school so right up my alley.

Hey all.. Been a crazy winter and I have dug out from me hole...but still lurking around and getting excited for hatching some eggs. what should I add to my flock with potential 4h kids this fall.
My stupid twenty something nephew took something on New Years eve at the rave nightclub, had seizures and was in a coma for a few weeks. Getting back on his feet but severe memory loss is what we are dealing with right now. Scary stuff. And we got our car hit a few weeks ago and still dealing with that. Started a new job three weeks ago too. Life is crazy. I need a break or a vacation!!

Hope all are good.
Oh and I have w friend looking for langshans and blue wheatons....anyone?

Back
Top Bottom