Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Picked up a 1/4 beef today. One less thing to worry about with a little meat in the freezer again. Found one of my orps trying to warm the eggs. It's much to early for that though I appreciate her effort ;) one more day of frigid and it will at least be bearable for a few days.

Brrrr. Still way too cold up here. Never made it to the positives today, but even in the sunshine stayed around -6 (at its "warmest"!). Now we're already at -14 again and a lot of night to go yet. Gonna be another colder one than they forecasted! Warmest is supposed to be Friday at +21!!! Before dropping back low again...

Gonna head to Stillwater tomorrow to pick up a used pellet stove. We shall see how that works then. And Saturday is gonna be REAL early as we're (SO's brother and me) most likely to head to Hutchinson.

Here is our puppy pile

Stay warm now! Later...

Hi All!

Nothing new here, just trying to stay warm.

No new picture of Rudy to share. He's a Black Lab, use your imagination. LOL

Night All!

Another beach weather morning haha the troops are shoveling in the chow. I don't mind as long as they keep up weight and stay warm. Last year was pretty hard on most, but so far this year they're all looking good.

Loved seeing everyone's canine friends and the feline too :D

Still Winter Cold here too!

Give me some details on your 1/4 beef bay bay....How much per lb and was it, and was it grass fed...front, hind, or mixed qtr?
The last one I bought was a bad deal...was it a local farmer?

I enjoy the supreme cut venzun we process much better...lean...tender...and fed nothing but the finest feed that it can find....
wink.png

No eggs today by 9am so far today ... imagine the cold isn't helping matters any. Big treat for them later....fried venzun liver with cubed bread and covered with ho-made gravy...that should keep them happy in this brutal but thankfully sunny weather.

Nice doggie pics Irish....Cind, I can picture yours too!

bigz

Still Winter Cold here too!

Give me some details on your 1/4 beef bay bay....How much per lb and was it, and was it grass fed...front, hind, or mixed qtr?
The last one I bought was a bad deal...was it a local farmer?

I enjoy the supreme cut venzun we process much better...lean...tender...and fed nothing but the finest feed that it can find....
wink.png

No eggs today by 9am so far today ... imagine the cold isn't helping matters any. Big treat for them later....fried venzun liver with cubed bread and covered with ho-made gravy...that should keep them happy in this brutal but thankfully sunny weather.

Nice doggie pics Irish....Cind, I can picture yours too!

bigz

We also prefer venison, but we both missed hunting because of work. I bought through a family memebers co-worker. They're from Dousman. This time was Holstein (last time was Angus) It's not 100% grass fed, but I settle over knowing they're humanely raised. In the end we paid $5.00 per lbs. It was a mixed quarter. The Angus we had from there was great. I'm hoping the Holstein is just as good. Both times they were processed at Wilson Farm Meats in Elkhorn, but I've heard they also send them to Sorg's in Darien.

we bought our second last to this time beef from a local farmer,, we were not too thrilled with it..
I don't think he made any effort to finish it off feed wise , before sending it to get butchered.

our last beef came from Marathon meats just south of Marathon City,, they raise their own Angus .
that was/is some super meat,, they also own a feed mill..

I have not gone outside except to go tie Gus out,,

........jiminwisc..........

Yep, most farmers finish them off with corn for the marble affect. Sounds like you made a fair deal.
I think the next one I purchase will be a specific quarter instead of mixed like the last one...I want all the cuts from my quarter....the last one I bought was #168 and the cost was $520 for greasy burger and other cuts like short ribs that were more fat than meat and steaks that were cut way to thin and roasts that were not cut properly for grilling and soup bones void of meat...less than happy with that last we had. Hope you enjoy yours and are satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom