Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Three dogs and a PONY! 
I thought I had it hard with a setter and a puppy.

Lol
they are always under foot :)
I love it.

This guy was blocking the back of the truck.

morning everyone...hope everyone is enjoying this heat wave...lol....almost feel like putting on some shorts and celebrating....supposed to change in the next day or so back to the negatives...

Brrr morning to everyone! A "toasty" -9 with windchill of -28 here right now. Not too thrilled to go outside and do chores but someone's gotta do it.
1f64b.png

Went to Hutchinson swap yesterday. Came into town and NOT A SINGLE SIGN!!! Anywhere, but right after you found the fairgrounds tucked in behind walli world.

So yes, got there bout half hour late, and a good portion of the birds were already sold and sitting outside to be loaded, or partially so small looking (talking mostly pheasants here) that they would be dwarfed by ours!!!
1f633.png

Tons of pigeons, call ducks and chickens, some guineas and Red Golden, Lady Amherst. Not too thrilled about it. Raced through and managed to secure the last couple muscovy ducks for us!

Got outta there pretty quick again, on the 4hr drive
1f634.png
back saw at least 2 MN cars in the ditch. Did they not know about the cold and snow/sleet making slippery roads?! Anyways, made it, took care of the newbies and took a much needed nap, twice. Lol. Wasn't functioning too well on 4 hrs of sleep for 3 days total!

Then I had to put up with grumpy SO dealing and playing around with the new (this time working) pellet stove, swearing and cursing since it's obviously not very clear how to operate for it stays on all the time. Yea, it's working, just not to his standards. And of course it's weekend and we don't know anyone who could explain/show it to him. Oh well...

Chores all done now and a couple switched around after giving everyone fresh warm straw to be on. Now I just gotta somehow thaw out. 2 hrs out there is no fun! Can't WAIT for it to get warmer after next weekend!! And fingers crossed for it stays at least in the positives... Later everyone, stay save and warm!

Brrr morning to everyone! A "toasty" -9 with windchill of -28 here right now. Not too thrilled to go outside and do chores but someone's gotta do it.
1f64b.png

Went to Hutchinson swap yesterday. Came into town and NOT A SINGLE SIGN!!! Anywhere, but right after you found the fairgrounds tucked in behind walli world.

So yes, got there bout half hour late, and a good portion of the birds were already sold and sitting outside to be loaded, or partially so small looking (talking mostly pheasants here) that they would be dwarfed by ours!!!
1f633.png

Tons of pigeons, call ducks and chickens, some guineas and Red Golden, Lady Amherst. Not too thrilled about it. Raced through and managed to secure the last couple muscovy ducks for us!

Got outta there pretty quick again, on the 4hr drive
1f634.png
back saw at least 2 MN cars in the ditch. Did they not know about the cold and snow/sleet making slippery roads?! Anyways, made it, took care of the newbies and took a much needed nap, twice. Lol. Wasn't functioning too well on 4 hrs of sleep for 3 days total!

Then I had to put up with grumpy SO dealing and playing around with the new (this time working) pellet stove, swearing and cursing since it's obviously not very clear how to operate for it stays on all the time. Yea, it's working, just not to his standards. And of course it's weekend and we don't know anyone who could explain/show it to him. Oh well...

Chores all done now and a couple switched around after giving everyone fresh warm straw to be on. Now I just gotta somehow thaw out. 2 hrs out there is no fun! Can't WAIT for it to get warmer after next weekend!! And fingers crossed for it stays at least in the positives... Later everyone, stay save and warm!
pellet stoves are all pretty much the same,,, there might be subtle differences in that setting knobs you have, though,, they do burn continuously,, if it goes out , you have to relight it..
at least that is how mine works.. maybe the newer ones light themselves, ? IDK ..

I have the kind that can also burn corn,, corn burns noticeably hotter than pellets..

find out what make your stove is and look it up on line,, there might be operating instructions there..

.........jiminwisc........

Back
Top Bottom