Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I thought about the cone thing, but I have not figured out how to make one. of course, I haven't really got into planning real seriously yet. I have some flashing material that I could make a cone out of.

what did you use for a cone ?
Could you cut the end off a large funnel & tape up the hole?

Well the coop is clean, and everybody's got fresh food and water. I'm sure THAT will last forever. Ha.

Still only 1 hen laying. C'mon, the rest of you. You're entertaining and all, but make with the butt nuggets already.

Just popping in to say HI! I am only about 1350 posts behind; guess I wont be reading up on them all. Glad to see some new faces on here! (and of course old ones as well)

My chickens are going great guns now...up to nearly 3 dozen eggs a day. I made a new egg sign today as I have lots to get rid of. Saving the dark olive, brown, blues and terra cottas to hatch. I preincubate each year for the first grade classes at our school. Kids can only wait 3 days for eggs to hatch nowadays I guess.
idunno.gif
All part of that instant gratification stuff I guess.

OK...carry on! TerriO

Just popping in to say HI! I am only about 1350 posts behind; guess I wont be reading up on them all. Glad to see some new faces on here! (and of course old ones as well) My chickens are going great guns now...up to nearly 3 dozen eggs a day. I made a new egg sign today as I have lots to get rid of. Saving the dark olive, brown, blues and terra cottas to hatch. I preincubate each year for the first grade classes at our school. Kids can only wait 3 days for eggs to hatch nowadays I guess.:idunno All part of that instant gratification stuff I guess. OK...carry on! TerriO
Wow! Beautiful eggs!!! What all does your flock consist of? I have one olive egger and 2 bcm eggs in the bator from MPC with 4 EE eggs now but I think one of the bcm is clear. :( I sure hope I get one of each and pullets would be stupendous! Wish me luck I'd love some beautiful eggs like yours

Last edited:
Hi All!

My cone is more like a pyramid, 4 triangles cut from foam board and taped together. The 4 corners I placed between the 4 feed holes. It works fine. Flashing would probably work.

BBP.... what did you rescue the swan from?

TeriO.... Nice eggs! I lost my olive egger over the winter. :(

Night All

Good morning everyone. Not much new here. I have garden fencing down from the wind storm that I tried to fix, but it was blown down again. Guess I need a more permanent plan!

I'm going to do some more planting of garden stuff's this coming week, but not sure what I'll be planting quite yet.

Back
Top Bottom