Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good afternoon,
I got tired of waiting for somebody to post , so I will go ahead and do one.

I am in the trucking business, just only for one day..
going to Edgar for a load of chipped bark for my sister.

the puppy is heading for her new home next week..
I just sent some pictures to her new family ..

hauled one load of branches to the burn pile.. looks like 2 more loads left to go..

the beans are ready for picking, the raspberries are just about done and Annie found a couple of ripe-ish blackberries already. says there are lots more just on the verge of turning black..

I once again, think , I have the electrical short fixed on Ollie.
time will tell..
If it isn't, I received the battery shut off switch today. It will take only a few minutes to install it. I am holding off to see if I really have the problem solved, though..

.............jiminwisc...........

just had a mild storm breeze through .
lotsa thunder and lightning ..
sending it your way, corey ..
I was thinking of going out and sawing up a branch, but I really did not want to. luckily the storm made up my mind for me..

.........jiminwisc.........

just had a mild storm breeze through .
lotsa thunder and lightning ..  
sending it your way, corey ..
I was thinking of going out and sawing up a branch, but I really did not want to. luckily the storm made up my mind for me..

.........jiminwisc.........
So thoughtful! It's getting pretty dark and staring to drizzle. I want some good house shakin storms

Early Evening to everyone. Busy day here like most days. I discovered a mature red pine that is down from pine root collar weevil. Been quite the problem here over the years...they chew the inner bark at ground level and the tree falls during high winds....it kinda looks like a beaver cut it down....dang .....I should have it made into lumber, but I'm not sure if that will happen or not.....I really should with the ash I also have down.

Chicken front is good and the little bucks are growing fast. The young cockerels are prolly twice the size of the pullets. Everyone is locked up tonight just in time.....the rain is coming down as I type.

Have fun...bigz

Early Evening to everyone. Busy day here like most days. I discovered a mature red pine that is down from pine root collar weevil. Been quite the problem here over the years...they chew the inner bark at ground level and the tree falls during high winds....it kinda looks like a beaver cut it down....dang .....I should have it made into lumber, but I'm not sure if that will happen or not.....I really should with the ash I also have down.

Chicken front is good and the little bucks are growing fast. The young cockerels are prolly twice the size of the pullets. Everyone is locked up tonight just in time.....the rain is coming down as I type.

Have fun...bigz
If you have someplace to get it sawed, I would take them both.
have it all made into 5/4 . for chicken coops. that is thick enough to use as a 2x4 and then you can always plane the thicker stuff down to 1" or less for making cabinets or other things..

If you have access to a flat bed trailer, loading them is not so difficult.. there is a technique I could show you..

........jiminwisc........

Rain rain rain rain......

Some of us do work you know Jim; can't rot on BYC all the time.....

Amyable is due any time now with baby #5.....

Train crossing is almost fixed.... They have had flag men out there for the past few days.

Thank goodness it is Wednesday, week is almost over....

In case anyone is interested, the Portage Poultry Show is going to be held this year. :)

Let the hens out this morning, puddle in the run, I didn't know that chickens could give someone a dirty look. Checked the gauge while I was out there and it says 2.1" from the storm until now. That seems like a lot but will check with the neighbor to see what she got. I wish I would have gotten the corn weeded yesterday and was really hoping to get more dirt today. Getting ready to leave for Nebraska and Iowa tomorrow for our annual pilgrimage back home. A whole week with family....
smack.gif

I'm so tired all night at work and I get home and BOOM wide awake!! Got my brine all mixed up for the trout smoking that Ima do when I get home at 6 tomorrow morning. Got about 40 trout. Should be a smoker full. Gonna go look at a new truck shortly and try and get some sleep shortly thereafter. We shall see how that pans out. Have a great day everyone

Back
Top Bottom