Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Daethen...thehy sounds adorable...we will want to see pics as they grow! But we certainly dont need more pets... hubby might walk if I did that... we juts added some baby guinea pigs to the household...the fight is now whose bedroom houses them. My daughter has been asking for piggies or bunny for years but once we started talking in reality my son jumped in and doesnt stop being annoying until everyone caves in and I dont want to be the deciding factor on whose room it goes in... creates more squables. They are super cute though.
Waiting for my Easter Hatch chickens to start laying... a few look close. Still have one rooster to get rid of... I am pretty sure my cochin is a rooster and we have two babies that we cant tell yet...might be my new breeding group there. Gentle giants. My OEGB was so good for the first 18 months but now the rooster is getting mean to the kids... nice thing is you can pick him up...
Coop is a little stinky from all the rain and mud. yuck. need to do some work back there...

otherwise getting ready for soccer to start, kids back to school, soccer camp is next week and kids bithdays...always busy...

Keep your fingers crossed for Beaker...... I think the gosling has a niacin deficiency which is causing her to not have good use of her legs. Started treatment today so now it is a waiting game...... I hope she will be ok, it was a lot of work to get that gosling to her new home.

Fish Fry Friday Again....my favorite cooking day!.....While the outside cooker has no opinion on what's being cooked..i do...tonight the Ocean Perch and Talipia was perfection....throw in a cooker of fresh ho-made fries from scratch and it makes goin out to eat a lesser meal...in my opinion....no public....no wait at the bar, and a atmosphere here that makes spending money anywhere else, doesn't make sense to me.

Jim, we always used ramps and cant hooks to load the logs on a flat bed trailer at Camp....I don't have any of the three and don't like asking folks to borrow their tools...I should own the trio, and maybe that's my best option for freedom when logs need delivered to the saw guy. I just hate owning stuff or buying stuff that has to sit outside without shelter....it's always a problem here for space.

bigz

Fish Fry Friday Again....my favorite cooking day!.....While the outside cooker has no opinion on what's being cooked..i do...tonight the Ocean Perch and Talipia was perfection....throw in a cooker of fresh ho-made fries from scratch and it makes goin out to eat a lesser meal...in my opinion....no public....no wait at the bar, and a atmosphere here that makes spending money anywhere else, doesn't make sense to me.

Jim, we always used ramps and cant hooks to load the logs on a flat bed trailer at Camp....I don't have any of the three and don't like asking folks to borrow their tools...I should own the trio, and maybe that's my best option for freedom when logs need delivered to the saw guy. I just hate owning stuff or buying stuff that has to sit outside without shelter....it's always a problem here for space.

bigz

Hi Brent,
there is an easier way..
you still use the same ramps
we used to wrestle the logs on that way, but no more.
my life long friend showed me a better way..

tie two separate ropes to the trailer on the opposite side of the ramps..
Run the ropes across the trailer, and down the ramp.
Go under the log at equal distances from each end of log.
Come over the top of the log and take the ends of the ropes toward the trailer.
Now , just pull on the ropes and the log will roll up the ramp.
easy peasy ..

If you have really big logs, pull the ropes with a horse.. or a truck, tractor or a car..

I once loaded a large 30" dia by 4 1/2 foot long green maple crotch onto my pick up truck all by myself ..

Back
Top Bottom