Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Wyo, back in '06, I tore Ollie completely apart. Overhauled the motor completely, Painted everything that I had apart, which was everything. new clutch, new PTO clutch..
That's when I built the front mounted hydraulic system. There was no kit like Ford has for the 8N
I copied that kit, though. From memory from my long gone 8N..
I like the old machines . they were built to last and as long as you can get parts to fix them , you are good to go.
about 2 years ago I bought a 35 years old 6" jointer. all cast iron, Craftsman. The guy said it was no good.. I took a couple of hours cleaning it and oiling it. Then I adjusted the tables and the blades. That old machine runs better than most new tin stamped junk they sell today..
My nephew just called me on Friday. He said somebody gave him an old Craftsman table saw.. He described it to me. Said he didn't know if he should even keep it. Turns out it is exactly like my cast iron Craftsman contractors saw.
I told him to not throw it away. either bring it up to me and I would help him adjust it. Or he could just give it to me..
Brent, do you have a freezer to put the meat into ?
......jiminwaUSAu.....

Nope Jim. GE still does not have a replacement for mine, even though it's under warranty. My daughter Angie said she has room in hers...thank God! Suzie said "why are going hunting without a freezer?" I said we will deal with it, if I do harvest one. Good thing Angie has room, or I would be in trouble.
I should can beets today, but I think I'll do a load of wash and call it good. It's suppose to be nice for a few days.

Stay Safe... bigz

I don't deer hunt anymore. Haven't done it for a few years. What I did not like about it was sitting in the woods, doing nothing, and thinking of all the things I could be getting done if I were at home..
Nephew Dan and I spread plastic and made a water shed at the east end of the house. It will also serve as a sidewalk from porch to the deck.
then I took Ollie and spread the stock pile of granite all over where we park the cars.
the new coat of red granite really looks nice.
Anybody have a 3 point box blade I can borrow ?
.....jiminwaUSAu.......

@jvls1942 I would bring you one if I could, lol.
A friend is trying to give us one that he bought ... it is too big for his tractor. His tractor can lift it but does not have enough power to work with it; he bought it with the idea that he was going to dig out a pond with it. I haven't seen it, but knowing our friend, it is old, worn out and needs repair. I don't want to say he is cheap, but I can't say he is frugal (smart with his money) either.
DH is not real excited to get it either. He wants a box blade, but he wants one with top and tilt controls. But that means we would have to add more hydraulics to the back of our Kuboda. Does it ever end?

rule of thumb is get one no wider than the rear wheels of your tractor. they also recommend what HP tractor the box blade is rated for.
I would snatch up any free one. sell it and put the money toward one I would want.
I would like a 5 foot one.
today I put the back blade on Ollie and graded the driveway. It turned out rather nicely.
.......jiminwaUSAu......

Fish Fry Friday to all! Tonight the ho-made fries are from fresh dug potatoes....oh my goodness, the samples I'm enjoying are better than any downtown fry. The fish will be a combo of ocean perch and talapia. It's what you have to cook when you don't launch the boat....still great eating fish.
The coleslaw is from Aldi, and they have some the best tasting slaw I've ever eaten. Seasonal and worth trying.

Stay Safe...bigz

5898C45E-B393-4229-BDB5-CFF3F521A8FE.jpeg

Round #2 has arrived! This group is from Sunnyside hatchery outside of Beaver Dam. Have not lost any yet, which is surprising for meaties.

Went and visited my sister last weekend, she is just outside of Louisville. It was nice to get away and relax. It is odd to travel for us now..... no kids to wrangle!

Hopefully we are almost done with the canning season. Another 7 quarts of sauce are done. Just some more beets to can yet, and sauerkraut to do. Been a busy year...the spuds will be dug this week and then I can get at the woodpiles and trees that need attention....it never ends here...just the way I love life.

Stay Safe...bigz

Back
Top Bottom