Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

we got 11 inches. in was gone in two days. have a couple of snowbanks yet from where it got plowed..
rain/snow and general yukk for a day or two. then it is supposed to get into the upper 50's..
we missed the chance to light the brush pile. maybe tomorrow ??
We got about that yesterday/last night. I was sent home from poll worker in Shawano as I lived the furthest out and the county warned the city that the roads were degrading fast. I'm so glad I left when I did as had it been much later, I know I'd have been in the ditch. I was driving the Escape but I would have sworn I was driving my old Saturn the way I was weaving as the snow hits the underside.

Got home to find power out and hubby running generator to the two brooders and incubator. Whew! It was only out for an hour though. I feel bad for those in our state STILL without power!

DW was driving us home in that snow. when we left town, the snow was melting as fast as it hit the windshield. we had ten miles to go.
half way home the snow began to stick to the road. My wife is fearless when it comes to driving on slippery roads. I on the other hand am not a fearless passenger.
I keep telling her not to hurry on my account..
the snow was about two inches by the time we got home.
we did not go out today. no need to plow..

Got our five chicks from Meyer this morning. Of the five, two are thriving, the other three are barely alive. Attempting to revive them with a mix of egg yolk, green tea and chick saver given to them with a baby dropper on the side of their beaks. Have them under the brooder plate. Anything else I can do?

Really bummed about this. Anyone else have this happen with chicks from Meyer?

Got our five chicks from Meyer this morning. Of the five, two are thriving, the other three are barely alive. Attempting to revive them with a mix of egg yolk, green tea and chick saver given to them with a baby dropper on the side of their beaks. Have them under the brooder plate. Anything else I can do?
I hope things work out for you. I think maybe the unexpected late spring weather likely had an impact. Maybe add a bit of honey or maple syrup or molasses into it? Only if it's pure.

I think I'll have to eat my words about the snow. On Tuesday I had to drive in that crap and ended up messing up my driver rear on the guardrail, and I was only going 35mph! I was trying to get over to avoid a semi and fishtailed all over the road. And I even have AWD. I'm super sad.

In better news I'm looking forward to the eclipse. I'm having my teens and fella meet me at work (if it's not cloudy) and we're going up on the observation deck, even though it's still closed. (I work at the State Capitol building). Saturday we picked up two new windows from the restore for the kitchen, and today we're snagging two antique back doors for our rear entry. We're SO close to pulling off siding and re-doing it all on our 152 year old farmhouse!

I think I'll have to eat my words about the snow. On Tuesday I had to drive in that crap and ended up messing up my driver rear on the guardrail, and I was only going 35mph! I was trying to get over to avoid a semi and fishtailed all over the road. And I even have AWD. I'm super sad.

In better news I'm looking forward to the eclipse. I'm having my teens and fella meet me at work (if it's not cloudy) and we're going up on the observation deck, even though it's still closed. (I work at the State Capitol building). Saturday we picked up two new windows from the restore for the kitchen, and today we're snagging two antique back doors for our rear entry. We're SO close to pulling off siding and re-doing it all on our 152 year old farmhouse!
Bummer, some times it does not take much to slide even with AWD. Put new tires on Subaru month half ago. Even though easily gone another 8000, 10000 miles on dry roads not gonna cut it for winter. Even though not much snow she told me she was sliding tiny bit and many of these AWD have no wieght.Break the front and rear tire loose and away yah go.
Sorry to hear about your car.

Back
Top Bottom