Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
ur so funny
lau.gif
I would have to pay the morgage. I have no money at all.

Good Morning All! Congrats to all with new additions in their fams! I HATE Wally World! ! Refuse to give them my business! They ran out a lot of good businesses. I call them China Town. If I didn't hate bumper stickers I'd have one that says Wal-Mart SUCKS! Jim Easy Outs there's an oxy-moron! BCC I'm going through the flock today with a fine toothed comb [pun intended] to see if there's evidence of mites. I need to get to the bottom of this [again pun intended] this has gone on waay too long! The hens all look healthy except for the feather loss with the moult but new ones are growing. Going to start with Bit*ch she went through a period of lethargy and looks the worst of all of them. Thanks for all the help! You are the best!
hugs.gif
Didn't get any wood split yesterday must be a piece of crap in the carb couldn't get it to run decent with the choke off might need a rebuild. Glad to see the D# showed up last night. They certainly have the talent to be great. TO thanks for cheering last night
gig.gif

Quote:
ur so funny
lau.gif
I would have to pay the morgage. I have no money at all.

We have a friend who got evicted from a house he was renting for $1200 a month because the owner wasn't paying the mortgage. I guess he was just pocketing the money LOL! We've considered building a new house and renting our current one. It's not going to happen until this one is payed off. You never know when things are going to break or it will sit vacant. I really don't want to be dependent on the rental income to the point that I risk foreclosure.

Good morning everyone! Looks kind of sunny out there! The skies to the West are that weird purple grey though....not sure what that is about....
Made some calls about Thanksgiving last night. It seems that this is the year to go to DH's side but she has decided not to have it because of some family strife on her side...weird. So my brother wants us to come there...I actually just want to stay home! I think I would much rather cook my own dinner and enjoy it with what little family we will have here...my daughters are driving to Florida to go to my other brother's house and pick up that huge TV for DH for Christmas so they wont be here...I havent talked to my son yet; I am sure as long as there is beer and food he wont care where he goes!
gig.gif
I suppose I should give him a call today. We cooked one time here and it was so fun! DD's BF was here and we all did something. I made a neat scrapbook page of it. I think it was the best Thanksgiving I ever had!
gig.gif
What do you guys all do?

I just soaked my tortoises in the sink and gave them some nice greens for breakfast. I had to dig Clarence up again--he wants to hibernate and I dont know why. He dug himself all the way down to the bottom of the enclosure under 8" of sand! Rita just goes into the log hide I have for them and comes right out when I turn her "sun" on in the morning. THey are strange animals...I think I like it better when they are outside in their garden! (now that it is escape proof!)

Yup--that was me cheering last night...that it was OVER!
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
You guys are funny! I think DH actually stayed up for the whole game this time. DD25 was here and watching too--she thought she might go to a friend's house cause DH usually falls asleep but they werent having anyone over this time. So I guess they had a good time. (so did I--reading my book!)
Man, I really sound like an old grouch...
bun.gif

Jim--my birds listen when I yell at them too (most of the time) I think people dont realize how birds get to know exactly what you want them to do. Sometimes I think they are smarter than my dogs! I know they are smarter than me at times also...

Well, guess I will try and make that bread again today...and NOT leave it where the dogs can get at it! I am hungry for a grilled cheese sandwich and some of my HM tomato soup! MMMMM....now I am really hungry for it! LOL!
Have a great day everyone...the sky here is getting bluer and the sun is shining--get to it! Terri O

good morning, yeah TerriO, I know what you mean,, I am always happy when the game is over, and we can give a heavy sigh of relief and bask in the glory of another win..

we are having some people here this thanksgiving.. this will be the first time in 20 years that Annie does not have to go to a client's home after dinner.. all 3 of our children will be coming with their sig others.. and a few other people will be coming also..

we will be roasting two small turkeys and a chicken and maybe a duck or two.. Annie wants to do a turducken.. careful how you break that word word down.. tur-duck-en, not turd-uck-en,, yuck !!!!

our grandson did get the job yesterday.. his first full time job, 40 hours per week.. data entry.. he said it will be a piece of cake..

raining here, but it is supposed to clear up later.

going to transfer some outside quail into the chicken coop.. I hope they can all get along in there, or else we will be getting rid of some.. Annie moved them into a different cage yesterday, I asked her why she didn't put them into the chicken coop? I didn't hear the reply or else she didn't give one.. I'm sure it was a good excuse anyway..

DrH, Definition of "Easy Out"; when somebody else does the work..

I am kind of anxious for some freezing weather to come so I can see if my efforts to put a heater into the coop paid off..

.........jiminwisc........

Jim that is the perfect description. Well the kids got a clean bill of health. No lice, no scabs from mites. Think it's back to too many treats. L used to bring home a lot of noodles, bread and taters. So their on a diet now. I should join them
roll.png
A couple of the reds didn't pass the finger test so it might be freezer camp for them. Thanks again Paula for the help! And everyone else. They sure are happy to be out of jail!
D.gif

Today is hatch day at my house. Reese PB Cup is at 21 days on the 4 remaining eggs. These eggs are from a friend and a barnyard mix of birds. Hopefully they will hatch today or tomorrow, but because of the cold would they take longer to hatch?

All is well in my world, trying to get the yard cleaned up before the first major snow and getting our little manger and star up on the house.

Had an assessor come through the house today so we can refinance the house and lower our rate and term to pay off the house in under 20 years. The problem is we live in our house and have people over to our house on a regular basis and can't find time to deep clean everywhere. Next summer I need to paint the house and re-roof, but that all depends on taxes. I am concerned about what will be happening next year and the years to come.

The good news is I have chickens and family that loves me and God is still God and God is still good.

Blessings,
KEN

good afternoon, I am wondering whether the time people feed their chickens has anything to do with egg laying.. ?

I have never had a problem with egg production.. and I feed mainly in the morning..

Ken the weather outside has no bearing on how eggs hatch as long as the hen is tenacious..

This hen has been going after it, getting off the eggs for only a half an hour to stretch her legs once a day. I wonder if there will be peeps when I get home.

KEN

Back
Top Bottom