Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Suzie just took 4 dozen bread rolls (from Jim's recipe) out of the oven....dang it they didn't turn out perfect again! Gonna take em with the soup tomorrow for the boys. I think 4 doz should do it....folks have been known to steal these buns by the stagetic placement of buns in their purses
droolin.gif
yep, they are that goody.

I don't have the recipe for that particular sausage FT. It's their Mett sausage. It's mine now that it's in the freezer though....they have the best prices for sausage making in the area. To keep math simple ( they add pork)...I took them 10lbs of clean boned out venzun and in return I received 13 rings of smoked sausage for $34....
wee.gif
I can't mess with it for that price.

Glad you are back tiki !

bigz

I remember laughing at how cute and silly she looked. I was thinking since she had a beard she could be part faverolle or ee. But no fifth toe kind of ruled out faverolle. That's fun! She's cute and lays a neat egg. I'm sure its her.

Hmmmm....... Albion, huh? Is that just North of Edgerton?
No, no.....NO! What am I thinking? My hubby will kick me out on my ear!
barnie.gif

Congrats on the green egg, Ang! That is exciting. Good for you!
yippiechickie.gif

Hello everyone! Been a busy week. I started at a new clinic this past Sept and now am finally working full time. It's killing me. I love my job, but it's about a 45 min drive. But I really cant complain, because they treat me well and I get paid really well there too. It's nice to see baby pictures. Makes me start thinking about this coming spring and if I'll be hatching this year. By summer hopefully i will be back down to 32 hours and then I can really focus on my animials. Nothing else is really new here. My girls are growing like weeds, DH is busy with his job, and I feel like life is just flying by!
Oh I do have a question; to anyone with experience with pheasants and quail. I have a pair of pheasants that are on the injured list, a female that was attacked and had her beak and side of her face opened (but is healing well) and a male that was beaten and now has only one eye. Do you think if I put them in with my 11 quail that they will behave? I don't want to risk my quail for the pheasants to be able to wonder. The outside pen is 24 x 20 and 16x12 inside they are connected. Otherwise I will have to figure out a different area for them. Just curious if anyone has an opinion on this. Alright have to go do chores, have a great night everyone.

depends on how little you are talking about. Based on the breeds we have experience with I can tell you with this: our first group is 1 month old- we can tell who the boys are because they have bigger combs which are turning red and wattles are dropping down. The boys are also chest bumping each other with hackle feathers flared alot more often than girls. One little boy was being such a bully that he was grabbing the back of other chicks heads and pushing their head to the ground- he pushed the whole group out away from the heat lamp. Sometimes the boys will have heavier legs and stand straighter than the girls- a bit more cockier if that helps.

I almost forgot. Thank you H&R! I appreciate it!
hugs.gif

Becky....really good to hear the job is going well. Dang commutes to work are stressful for sure...don't forget to crank the tunes.

It's opinion and that's what you asked for, eh! I raised pheasants for years in the 70's...never raised quail though.... I really think it would work until the injured are healed...of course the one with only one eye will always keep him submissive and not able to really chase like normal. Glad you asked and hope you let us know how it all worked out....I would think the quail would do fine
idunno.gif

bigz

I am pooped! This has been an eventful, stressful 5 days! I just checked on chicks and Rocket, Comet, and Venus were all laying together sleeping. New TO baby seems to be adjusting really really well! I'm rather surprised. I am very much hoping things will calm down for a bit. I am done with driving for awhile!
gig.gif
Have a great nights rest Everyone. I'm finishing my double chocolate tea and crashing in bed...

Just quick...I need to sleep! Gettin ght 4H members to work on the banner was like herding cats! SHeesh, you would think that kids sthat age would have some attention span! So now I need to go out and lock up--then bed--AAHHHH! Sleep well my friends! Terri O

Just quick...I need to sleep! Gettin ght 4H members to work on the banner was like herding cats! SHeesh, you would think that kids sthat age would have some attention span! So now I need to go out and lock up--then bed--AAHHHH! Sleep well my friends! Terri O

TO it's not the kids attention span !!! It's your old age !!! No patience for things like that !!!
gig.gif
I told ya the BIG 50 would bring on new challenges everyday !!!
gig.gif
hugs.gif

Becky what direction are you driving?

TO, I do apologize for the naughty calls...... mine like to take 'field trips' as well, but not into the street.

Registered for the Dirty Girl Mud Run today, I am so excited to go and do this! My co-workers are all gung-ho about it as well, we decided that we would be Team Twin Peaks... ;) TO you will have to let me know if you will be there...... we will really need a cheering section!

LOVING this weather, but it also kind of sucks since my DD's and I were supposed to go snowshoeing at Mosquito Hill on the 11th. Kind of hard to do that without snow.

That's all the news here. Good night Gracie!

Back
Top Bottom