Wisdom from my Kindergartener

Kassafrass

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 14, 2014
So, we got coop and chickens from a friend. Today wa day teoofhaving the chickens, and the first day we got them out of the coop. I let them out thinking we could "herd" them into a mobile run i had made. Yeah...didn't work so well. My daughter's observation was, "Mommy, trying to get the chickens in here is like trying to make minnows swim into a net. I dont think it's going to work." Yep...good news is, they all came back to roost at sunset. :)

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. As the old saying is, "Out of the mouths of babes . . ." :eek:) Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

welcome-byc.gif

Your daughter has to be top of her class, very insightful for her age!

If you figure out how to herd chickens, please teach me
bow.gif

So glad you joined us.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Kids are pretty smart! Sounds like she will make a fine chicken keeper when she grows up.

Enjoy your wonderful flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom