Witchcraft thread

Pics
If you get really miserable...
:oops: we can entertain you with fun tales of menopause....
🥵😳🤣
I was truly delighted when I hit menopause at 50! No more mess, cramps, etc. and I was blessed with an easy transition - no mood swings, hot flashes, any of that. Everything just slowed down then stopped. (My husband breathed a sigh of relief -- his mom was pretty difficult to live with while she went through "the change".) I had my 2nd daughter when I was 40, so well & truly done with the fertility thing. Terrible cramps my whole life -- good riddance!!!

Oh goddess don't get me started! I had to start hormone replacing patches this year cause of pre menopause 🤦🏼‍♀️ and after years of pcos and endometriosis I'm sooooo ready for it to all be OVER!
It could be worse. You could become allergic to your hormones later in life.

I ended up with chronic hives in February of this year. We don't know what's caused it. Doctor says it's hard to pen down with hives.

I'm on 40mg of zyrtec, 10 MG of Montelukast and 40mg of Famotidine a day. I've also been trying to keep on top of what makes the hives worse. They seam to be caused by heat and pressure. But when I'm cycling and on flow the medications don't stop them at all. So I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to my hormones.😑

This is my opinion/experience about having kids.

I knew from about age 12 (before I even started having periods) that I did NOT want to have kids. A friend of mine in school told me, in a very matter-of-fact voice, "Oh, you'll change your mind." Sometimes I think I didn't to spite her.

No, not really. I KNEW I did not want to have kids. I did a lot of baby sitting during high school, and had great kids to watch, and not-so-great kids. I told my mom that I hoped she'd be happy with the grandkids she got from my sister and brother, as I wasn't having any. She said, wistfully, "Oh, but you could have a little girl like Stephanie..." (one of the sweet kids I watched). I answered, "Yeah, and I could have a little boy like Mike (my psychopath cousin). She answered, "Good point," and never mentioned having kids to me again.

[This cousin is a whole 'nother topic; suffice to say that I am truly glad he does not walk this Earth anymore.]

I knew from an early age that I wanted to have a career, and that was more important to me than having kids. As I told people, "You can get a divorce. You can surrender a pet if that relationship isn't working. What happens if you have a 3 year old child and realize that having kids was a mistake?"

"Hey, I thought you had a toddler! What happened?"

"Oh, we weren't getting along, so we split up." Society would not look kindly on that.

I've had a coworker say, "You're just too selfish, that's why you don't want kids."

I looked her in the eye and said, "Yeah, but at least I know that about myself and didn't have a kid that I didn't really want!"

Another one said, "What are you gonna do when you're 45 and get lonely?"

I said, "I'll get another dog."

I do NOT think having children is a requirement for someone to "be fulfilled."

Sorry if this is a rant, but I have been on the receiving end of scorn for "being too selfish, being less of a woman," for not having kids.
THANK YOU!!!!

It could be worse. You could become allergic to your hormones later in life.

I ended up with chronic hives in February of this year. We don't know what's caused it. Doctor says it's hard to pen down with hives.

I'm on 40mg of zyrtec, 10 MG of Montelukast and 40mg of Famotidine a day. I've also been trying to keep on top of what makes the hives worse. They seam to be caused by heat and pressure. But when I'm cycling and on flow the medications don't stop them at all. So I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to my hormones.😑
Ugh, I can relate to the hives. I don’t know if they were worse on my cycle because I had a partial hysterectomy, still have my ovaries. By that point I was bleeding for three weeks out of a month.

My hives are pressure and heat related also, but I wonder if the heat is really making me sweat and it’s sweat that makes me break out. I took ALL of those meds and felt horrible. I just take Zyrtec at this point because I couldn’t function on those drugs. My mind was a slow mess :gig

I'm interested in herbs and natural rmemdies. I need a print book for a reference, so I'd love a recommendation.

For reference books, I like actual print. I want to read something, reread it, mark a page, cross reference to another page, underline, and write in the margins.

One thing that gives me pause, as a newbie... I'd have no idea the potency of any herb I might grow/forage. So I'd like to have some ideas about possible side effects from too much of something.

I'm interested in herbs and natural rmemdies. I need a print book for a reference, so I'd love a recommendation.

For reference books, I like actual print. I want to read something, reread it, mark a page, cross reference to another page, underline, and write in the margins.

One thing that gives me pause, as a newbie... I'd have no idea the potency of any herb I might grow/forage. So I'd like to have some ideas about possible side effects from too much of something.
Therein lies the problem with herbal remedies. There is no way to know the potency of anything you grow or forage. This is why I think some people get no relief from them and others do. This is an excellent resource though

https://www.amazon.com/PDR-Herbal-Medicines-Thomson-Healthcare/dp/1563636786

So is there like a gemstone "type" witch? I have a lot and I love them. I kinda feel like they give off a feeling, a different one for each gemstone. Like my rose quartz is very chill and kinda faint, but the aquamarine is a strong, violent type that I can't really identify. @cassandrapettersson can you help?
I’m going to go ahead and reply here since you haven’t had an answer to your question yet.

There are really no labels, so you can call yourself whatever you want. Some people, whether they call themselves a witch or not, like rocks and crystals. Some people love plants and gardening.

Your instinct is your most valuable resource. If you have a feeling, go with it. Just because a book says a particular crystal should give off a certain vibe doesn’t mean that applies to all of them that are called the same thing.

Sally, try The Herbal Drugstore by White and Foster.. Its organized well, lists possible side effects, recommended dosages, what part of the plant should be used and whether the herb should be used long term. There are so many good herbal books/natural meds out there, I have tons, and they all have some useful info. I recommend this one because of its ease of use.

Back
Top Bottom