With help we made our coop for $30!

guineagirl0124

In the Brooder
Sep 10, 2015
My father in law had a huge pile of used lumber dropped off at his house and called to ask if we wanted to come look and see if we could make anything with it...we made a coop! The only new lumber used was for the rafters and molding :D everything else including the feeder box and their roost rack and windows are reclaimed :D

My father in law had a huge pile of used lumber dropped off at his house and called to ask if we wanted to come look and see if we could make anything with it...we made a coop! The only new lumber used was for the rafters and molding
big_smile.png
everything else including the feeder box and their roost rack and windows are reclaimed
big_smile.png

I could tell you out classed me when you said "moulding" my birds have never seen that. Nice coop, and I thought I was doing good making breeding coops for under $100. Super job good way to stretch the nickels!

Last edited:
duluthralphie my father in law did it as a surprise :D my mother in law and I are by no means carpenters\contractors. I legit said "oh this looks long enough just cut the rest this size and we are good". The molding covers up all our boo boos :D
It was a blast\nightmare to build :D
It definitely would have a cost a ton more if my MIL did have the windows and my FIL didn't have some extra lumber, floor brackets, and the tin for the roof.
It is by no means a high class coup but my guineas love it :D
In the spring I'm planning on trying to build another one, because I'm dying to get my egg layers :D

duluthralphie my father in law did it as a surprise
big_smile.png
my mother in law and I are by no means carpenters\contractors. I legit said "oh this looks long enough just cut the rest this size and we are good". The molding covers up all our boo boos
big_smile.png

It was a blast\nightmare to build
big_smile.png

It definitely would have a cost a ton more if my MIL did have the windows and my FIL didn't have some extra lumber, floor brackets, and the tin for the roof.
It is by no means a high class coup but my guineas love it
big_smile.png

In the spring I'm planning on trying to build another one, because I'm dying to get my egg layers
big_smile.png

Another Guinea lover!! We are so rare.

Good luck on them.

Back
Top Bottom