Withdrawl time of Terramycin?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by justusnak, Dec 26, 2008.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I have not yet, but am planning to medicate a young pullet with terramycin. It says on the package not for use in egg laying chickens. What is the withdrawl time for this...if I medicate for 14 days, ( as reccomended?)

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I was told by a supplier that I should not use the eggs for ten days after the medication was stopped.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Thanks Jody. Guess this little lucky hen will have LOTS of inside time! [​IMG]

4. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    When I treated a pullet with it, I think I gave it to her for 7 days, then didn't use her eggs for 2 weeks after taking her off the med. I'd heard that you could go with as little as 1 day withdrawal for each day on the Terramycin.

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

My vet said that if you are using this for meat birds, it should be 30 days after last dose. If you are selling eggs or for a family it should be 50 days from last dose.
    Good luck

6. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
  7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Thanks pips and peeps....what a great page..I saved it!

8. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Guess I better send that link to my veterinarian, guess he doesn't know the facts. hmph.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by