Wizbang Chicken Plucker

glad your building a plucker to.

could you please post back after you get your fingers. post pic after you get started on the plucker.

thanks sam

I will try to post pictures tomorrow, I have the frame started and the drum cut out and drilled. Just did the shaft, made two just in case something is wrong with the length. I am going to go put it on the lathe right now to true it up.

I got the fingers directly from Herrick Kimball's website. If I recall, the minimum number from Kent is more than you need for one plucker. Kimball sends you the exact number you'll need. Since they are virtually indestructable, you'll just be wasting space and money getting extra.

Also, as I think about it, and as a word of warning- my Whizbang pic wasn't taken in the offseason. Anyone thinking of brooding Cornish X's indoors should be warned. That fine dust will cover EVERYTHING in your house if you do! And then there's the smell...

thank i didnt think know they were hard to tear up. I thought that they would tear apart easy.

sam

Thanks for posting this tread!! I showed the hubby the u-tube video's.. I want one...What a great idea..
frow.gif

jaku

what did you use for the pulley for the bottom of the barrel? and were did you get it at??

I have the book comeing should be here tommrow i hope

good tip about raiseing chickens is the house. I will never do it again after this frist batch of meaties.

sam

Quote:
I got the pulley right from Kimball. It's amazing how hard it is to find one that size, and when you do, how expensive they are! I didn't need an idler arm, the size of my barrel/belt was exactly right.

Back
Top Bottom