wk old chick laying down cant walk help asap

shawneesas

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 4, 2013
HELP ASAP PLEASE!

we had chicks born a week ago, and one had something wrong with its legs. He (or she) couldnt support itself on its legs and had an extra toe curled under each foot. we seperated him from the other 6 chicks and after a few days he could get around. Not as well as the others and his legs wouldent straighten out. he was about half the size of the others. we got home today and went to check on the chicks. he was lying on his tummy with his right wing spread out on the ground and he wouldnt open his eyes. he also seems really light. he was fine a few hours ago. we found some poop on his feathers and got it off but realized it wasn't over the vent. he pooped again and it was white and runny. we got him to drink a little bit of water but no food. he is walking a little bit but not much. what can we do? i don't want Mouse to die :'(

i dont know if i can cull it... he is still laying down but is peeping. what sould i feed him? i gave him some egg yolk and gatorade... anything else?

Use propel!!!!!! So we had a baby silkie who was not ready to hatch until later in the day and the egg was eaten off of it by our australorps!!! It was still in the egg shape and was peeping like he was still on the egg. He was like this for two days, as sad as can be and we fed it propel by one of those little medicine syringes the next morning he looked like any other silkie chick!!! Definately try propel!!!!

Here is the little silkie we now call "eggy" today
1f609.png
hope this helps!!!

Also, post a pic of him. To help his legs you can try the bandaid trick....i dont know it but google it to find out!! Ive heard it helps alot with fixing their legs!!!

will try propel and i have 2 go somewhere but i will try 2 post a pic when i get back. not sure what he/she is. friend gave us 2 dozen eggs and 8 hatched 7 left but we have no idea what kind they are. how to you tell if its a silkie? he is darkish brown...

will try propel and i have 2 go somewhere but i will try 2 post a pic when i get back. not sure what he/she is. friend gave us 2 dozen eggs and 8 hatched 7 left but we have no idea what kind they are. how to you tell if its a silkie? he is darkish brown...

Hmmm once you post the pic i could tell also, silkies have about 6 toes....

Back
Top Bottom