Wobbly chicken

BradyGirls

Chirping
Oct 21, 2021
We have an approx. 5 month old hen/roo? that adopted us in June. He/She has been doing well until this evening. It usually is foraging before bedtime but tonight it was standing still, unsteady on its feet. Shook head and almost fell over - completely out of character. I was able to get it into the coop and it got on the roost bar. Where I could then pick it up and gave it some electrolytes. What is going on any help is greatly appreciated as we have fallen in love with this bird. Thank you new to this chicken Mom thing.

Good morning, welcome to BYC.
I hope your bird is better this morning.
Went out this am to check on him/her and all seemed fine. Ate a grape and some scrambled egg and wanted out to free range. Pic attached.
IMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG

Im so glad she is better.
If she is around 5 months, she is definitely a female. I'm not certain, but I don't believe that is an australorp. She looks too tightly feathered. Australorps are more fluffy/loose feathered.
What color skin is on the bottom/underside of her feet? Can you get a closer picture of her comb?

Im so glad she is better.
If she is around 5 months, she is definitely a female. I'm not certain, but I don't believe that is an australorp. She looks too tightly feathered. Australorps are more fluffy/loose feathered.
What color skin is on the bottom/underside of her feet? Can you get a closer picture of her comb?
Finally lured her with a piece of cheese to get this photo. She never comes very close. Her feet are gray with black. The black is not bumble foot, looks like they are turning black on the bottom of both feet?

Attachments

• Bertie_Closeup_1.JPG
    Bertie_Closeup_1.JPG
    648.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom