Wobbly head

Hopefully as you keep this up you’ll start seeing improvements daily 🙏
Not eating as much today but its also very hot. I have him out with the others and he wobbled his way over to Little One and she started preening him since he can't 😭😭😭 Just keeping fresh water and offering him mash. Not sure he'll make it :(

It's so sad when we just don't know what to do to help them.
Sometimes when we can visually see things that aren't normal on the outside there maybe other things going on inside that aren't normal too.

poor little one.

If you are seeing a decline it may be best to bring him inside so you can monitor him better. Keep trying is all you can do.

I'm so sorry I was really hoping with the reply before this one that he was going to start heading in the right direction.

Sometimes when we can visually see things that aren't normal on the outside there maybe other things going on inside that aren't normal too.

poor little one.

If you are seeing a decline it may be best to bring him inside so you can monitor him better. Keep trying is all you can do.

I'm so sorry I was really hoping with the reply before this one that he was going to start heading in the right direction.
I wish I could but I have two dogs. One would aggressively love on him and the other would eat him lol. She has a very high prey drive. I did get him to eat some cold scrambled eggs and will try again before their bedtime as he hasn't eaten enough for the full dose of B and E today. Just doing everything I can for him.

However, he did wabble his way over to Little One earlier this afternoon and she started preening him since he cant do it himself. I about cried!!!

poor little one.

@Miss Lydia any advice for me? He does this multiple times a day and I have to go out and flip him back over. :(
Ignore the audio. I had sent it to a friend.

Is he able to walk? All I know to do would be to put him somewhere where he can't flip over. A large towel shaped like a donut with him down in it feet first with food and water close by so it's easy for him to reach can help when you can't be there to help him.

Is he able to walk? All I know to do would be to put him somewhere where he can't flip over. A large towel shaped like a donut with him down in it feet first with food and water close by so it's easy for him to reach can help when you can't be there to help him.
No not really. He kind of army crawls a bit.

_Poor little one, tell me what all you have been doing to help, supplements etc. feed you use? what happened to the leg?
Right now we're on an all flock grower. That bag is almost gone and we'll switch the waterfowl (probably Mazuri as that's what our feed store has). One foot is backwards (came that way) and we tried some PT but it now seems fused. Couple weeks ago I was going to look into 3D printed prosthetics (he got around well but couldnt get himself in and out of the pool) when the wobbly head/neurological issues started. He hasn't been able to really walk since. He scoots himself by pushing with his nubby leg. He's been trying to stand and he tried to preen but he loses hus balance and falls over, often flipping himself onto his back and unable to flip back.

We've done everything. B complex, with vit e, electrolyte/vitamin water (good high doses of vit d in that as vet thinks that could be a possibility, rickets maybe?) Eggs for selenium, and I've added in some fish oil now. All three of the ones I got from TSC are having similar issues but he's the worst case. The other two don't have the neurological issues but have severe leg issues and I'm hand feeding them twice a day. All four we got from RP are fine. One has a little case of bowed feet and he walks on his feet but gets around completely fine and I make sure to give them something for it too. I'm almost wondering if its the batch from TSC...some genetic thing?

Hubby and I agreed a couple weeks of trying all this and if we see no improvements, we'll talk about quality of life vs quantity if you catch my drift 😞 He sees how exhausting and draining it is on me as well and worries

It sure sounds like it could be genetic with all 3 of them with problems. So sad for them and you. I just don’t know what else you can do for them.

Back
Top Bottom