Wobbly head

Redbirdacres

Songster
Mar 22, 2022
This is the duck I've posted about before that has a backwards foot. S/he has always been fine and would get around and eat and drink etc. The last couple days I've noticed a drunk type wobbly head. I tried to get a video here. The last part of the 30 seconds is where you see it better when I reach in and s/he thinks I'm going to grab them so tries to move.

Given that the foot is now fused, I stopped giving this one the extra niacin a couple days ago but I don't think it's that because it showed up about the time I noticed the foot was fused. What do you think this is? I searched and found botulism but wouldn't the whole flock be affected since they're always together?? Thank you!

Last edited:
It looks neurological. Try some vitamin E and liquid B Complex 1ml of liquid B complex and 400IU of vit E you can mix both into a small amount of feed or put directly into the bill small amounts at a time to keep the duckling from aspirating. Make sure this duckling get full dose of both

It looks neurological. Try some vitamin E and liquid B Complex 1ml of liquid B complex and 400IU of vit E you can mix both into a small amount of feed or put directly into the bill small amounts at a time to keep the duckling from aspirating. Make sure this duckling get full dose of both
Will do. Thanks again Lydia! You're so so helpful

Quick question....just once a day?

We were gone all day yesterday at a celebration of life for my MIL and its much more pronounced this morning :(

Last edited:
Yes, just 1X a day. I am sorry I hope the vit E and the Liquid B Complex will help.

Is a vet an option?
I'm not sure right now. Holiday weekend and we're in a small country town. Our farm vet is 20 minutes away and not sure if theyd even respond this weekend

Yes, just 1X a day. I am sorry I hope the vit E and the Liquid B Complex will help.

Is a vet an option?
S/he's trying so so hard. I washed him/her up a little and offered some water/mash food and they want to eat/drink! I have him/her laying in the yard in the sunshine and will offer a bit more mash every hour or so. Any other advice would be amazing!

Back
Top Bottom