Woke up to snow!

I love autumn... when I lived in Anchorage AK, I loved winter too! Winter in Ohio is just too wet, rainy, freezing, thawing, muddy, then snowy, and icy yucky. The dampness just sinks in your bones.

I sure wish I could be back in the Anchorage area, though not really right IN town... so I could have chickens, though that would be a challenge, I sure admire you AK chicken people! Bears, moose, lynx, wolverine, mink, (though I have mink here) you may not have raccoons, and they sure are trixy beasties, but you have plenty to fill in the gaps!

Here right now it's pretty chilly, but sun is peeping out and the trees are lovely. There's always good IMO, even in the worst weather, even winter in Ohio. (ok, not tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes etc etc, you all know what I mean so just don't start!
smack.gif
)
wink.png
I love my wildlife filled backyard, shrubs and cover for critters and feeding the winter birds. It isn't perfect but it's all good.

Oh, and of course you ALL know what happens when you complain about the weather right?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
>
.......nothing.

Its that time of the year! gawwww. I would love snow only if...
It was over 80 degrees outside when it snowed.

Summer wasnt that great and I am sad that we are getting anything like that
barnie.gif

We got snow in the middle of September. All the people I told didnt believe me. I dropped down to 32* and got a few flurries. Because I live on a hill we all get most of the snow.

The only upside for me this is is that I only have 24 chickens to take care of this year
ya.gif
Rather then the 100+ the years before. I have heating bowls to put in all my pens so I don't constantly have to go out
celebrate.gif
and I only have to cover the one Chicken coop and the Duck coop. So I can spend more time in the warm house
caf.gif

I checked weather.com. Friday and Saturday we might get snow. Although I am not going to completely believe them. 2 weeks ago it was in the 70s...

I wasn't very happy to see the snow this AM either... but at least we have a nice weekend coming (at least that is what the weatherman is saying).

Back
Top Bottom