Wondeful article about backyard flocks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarkerChickens, Aug 6, 2011.

1. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Below is a wonderful article about raising chickens the Greater Los Angeles area.

Which leads me to ask, if Los Angeles allows chickens, why can't other cities around the nation? A major metro area ahead of of small suburban communities?

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_18626736?source=rss

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Good article. Too bad about the hateful, racist comments posted to it. I am always amazed how the jerks of the world are brought out by on-line news article comment sections.

Thanks for sharing the positive article with us!

Los Angeles is a collection of communities around the actual city of L.A., and there are also pockets of unincorporated (county, not city) areas in the midst of these. That creates the major, metropolitan section of the state known as Los Angeles. Quite a bit of variation between cities, and city and county regulations.

Chicken keepers, UNITE!

3. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Yikes...I didn't see the nasty comments below. [​IMG] How horrible!!

For future readers....ONLY read the articles as the comments are horrid and have nothing to do with chickens.

4. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    That is a really nice article. Good lesson for kids for sure.

5. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Maybe the reported that wrote the piece about the feral Hawaiian chickens needs to read this

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    The comment section to ANY news article is often full of nastiness.Always amazes me the things people write.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by