Wondering if anyone can tell me what breed and gender

Welcome to BYC! Please post a picture. I don't think it came through. They might not be old enough, but we'll try to help.
smile.png

Definitely not a bantam Cochin....they will have a mop like shape with bright yellow feet and lots of leg feathers.

The leg feathering is too light for other feather legged bantams, like d'Uccles (also wrong color of legs).

The leg feathering removes the possibility of Sumatra or most games.

It does have a more "dove-like" head that is reminiscent of game.

My guess is it is a mix breed possibly with Cochin and something else, possibly game.

Be interesting to see what others have to say.

LofMc

Going out to the coop to try and get better pics. Going to take pics of the other 2 chicks (1 didnt make it) as well. They are supposed to be bantam cochin but Im pretty sure they do not have yellow legs. They are definitely alot more friendly then the 3rd chick as she will peck at you.

Mystery chick

Bantam cochin chick 1

Bantam cochin chick 2

Any guesses on gender of the second 2 chicks. They look like little girls to me. What are their colors?

LL
This is not a bantam Cochin either. It looks to be a Silkie/Cochin cross (Black face with tuft).
LL
This is also a Cochin mix. It appears to have a rose comb, possibly Walnut. Probably Silkie-Cochin cross again.

LL
which means it is highly likely this bird is Silkie Cross too.

None of these are bantam Cochins....they are mixed breed birds with possibly some Cochin (2nd mille fleur colored bird most likely) and Silkie (top bird most likely) and game (third bird most likely).

Hopefully you didn't pay a lot of money for purebred bantam Cochins as you've got none of that.

LofMc

Thank you for the replies greatly appreciated. This is all new to me have never had chickens before so looking to learn all I can. I started with 10 silkie babies and after waiting awhile to learn their gender I ended up with 6 roosters! I kept the prettiest of them and rehomed the other 5 as Im not supposed to have roosters where I live at all. I ended up with the three pictured after a friend told me about cute chicks for sale. I only paid $2 each wasnt looking for a specific breed or anything my daughter fell in love with their cuteness and they have been much more friendly then the skittish silkies have ever been. Unfortunately we lost 1 about a week after we got them, not sure what was a matter it just kept getting weaker and weaker despite our efforts to help it. Honestly I dont really care what breed they are just hoping they are all girls! We will love the mutts just as much as if they were purebreds. They are just for our backyard enjoyment but we will enjoy their little eggs as well once they start laying. Could sit out on the deck and watch them for hours, specially the quirky rooster.

Back
Top Bottom