Wondering what breed my chickens are!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Deweberbr, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Deweberbr

Deweberbr Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2016
    Oregon
    Hi all,
    I got these chickens from a friend of a friend who's neighbor was messing with them, so she had to get rid of them before he hurt them. I don't know much about them. They were 4 months old when we got them and are probably about 6-7 months old now. I'm trying to figure out what breed they might be so I can find out more info like when they might start laying and such. My daughter (5yrs old) has named them the appropriate Whitey, Blacky, and Browny... LOL
    Thanks for any input!
    Barbara[​IMG]

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Those are small for 6-7 months! I don't think they are that old. Can you post individual pictures? I think Browny and Blacky might be Golden Laced Wyandottes, just with not so good lacing. Whitey might be a Delaware.

1 person likes this.
  3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Do you maybe mean 7 weeks old?

I think Whitey, Blacky, and Browny are excellent names!

1 person likes this.
  4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    2 Golden Laced Wyandotte, and I'd need a better picture to tell what breed the other one is.

1 person likes this.
  5. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree that Blacky and Browny are Golden Laced Wyandottes, and also that they are quite a bit younger than 6-7 months. [​IMG] What kind of comb does Whitey have?

~Alex

1 person likes this.
  6. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Two Gold Laced Wyandottes and a Delaware. There is some chick down through the head and neck, so likely about 6 weeks old. Too young to guess gender yet. None are obvious cockerels at the moment.

1 person likes this.
  7. Deweberbr

May 25, 2016
    Oregon
    [​IMG]

8. Deweberbr

May 25, 2016
    Oregon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a more up to date picture of them and each individual. I've had them since May 30th and they said they were 4 months old at that point. But that's why I'm trying to figure it out. LOL[​IMG]

9. Deweberbr

May 25, 2016
    Oregon
    Here are pictures from this morning of each of them individually...I have had them since May 30th and I was told they were 4 months old at that time. Whitey look really small in this picture but he really isn't.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

I agree you have two gold laced Wyandottes and a Delaware, all female.

If the pics in the first post are around when you got them, they look about 2 months there. So they'd be about 4 months now, which is what they look like. So, another 2ish months for eggs.

The names are just perfect. I grew up with a family dog named Warmie, cause the 5 year old said "She's so warm and cuddly"....so Warmie it was [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by