Wondering what she is.

Jmljms

In the Brooder
Jan 9, 2020
I hatched her last October and she started laying dark brown eggs I don’t know what breed she is.
33370B4D-3BD1-42B2-A830-2CB2D0887F8E.jpeg

Can you post a pic of the egg? Dark brown usually makes me think of a maran. She’s very pretty! Am I seeing right that she has muffs? Did you get her from a seller that has purebreds or mixed breeds, or is she from your chickens?

Can you post a pic of the egg? Dark brown usually makes me think of a maran. She’s very pretty! Am I seeing right that she has muffs? Did you get her from a seller that has purebreds or mixed breeds, or is she from your chickens?
I bought eggs that were from different olive eggers. She came from a dark olive colored egg and she does have muffs. I will get a picture of her egg tomorrow.

So we know her mother was an Olive Egger. Her sire was most likely a brown/dark brown egg laying breed rooster. She is a mixed breed obviously. I suppose she could "technically" be called an Easter Egger because she does carry some blue egg genes in her background.

Last edited:
I bought eggs that were from different olive eggers. She came from a dark olive colored egg and she does have muffs. I will get a picture of her egg tomorrow.
Here is a picture oh her egg. It’s not nearly as dark as a Maran
she was hatched in August not October. She has only been laying a couple on weeks 517FA783-C26E-4A90-8074-69F0DD4EB612.jpeg the other egg is for comparison

Back
Top Bottom