Wondering what she is.

floppysquirrel04

Songster
Jul 24, 2019
Northern Ca
Can you post a pic of the egg? Dark brown usually makes me think of a maran. She’s very pretty! Am I seeing right that she has muffs? Did you get her from a seller that has purebreds or mixed breeds, or is she from your chickens?

Jmljms

In the Brooder
Jan 9, 2020
Can you post a pic of the egg? Dark brown usually makes me think of a maran. She’s very pretty! Am I seeing right that she has muffs? Did you get her from a seller that has purebreds or mixed breeds, or is she from your chickens?
I bought eggs that were from different olive eggers. She came from a dark olive colored egg and she does have muffs. I will get a picture of her egg tomorrow.

Gray Farms

Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock
Premium member
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
So we know her mother was an Olive Egger. Her sire was most likely a brown/dark brown egg laying breed rooster. She is a mixed breed obviously. I suppose she could "technically" be called an Easter Egger because she does carry some blue egg genes in her background.

Last edited:

Jmljms

In the Brooder
Jan 9, 2020
I bought eggs that were from different olive eggers. She came from a dark olive colored egg and she does have muffs. I will get a picture of her egg tomorrow.
Here is a picture oh her egg. It’s not nearly as dark as a Maran
she was hatched in August not October. She has only been laying a couple on weeks517FA783-C26E-4A90-8074-69F0DD4EB612.jpegthe other egg is for comparison

Top Bottom