Wondering why my two gals quit laying

lrayle

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 19, 2013
NC
I have a black sex link and Delaware hens. They were both laying and now it just light a light switch they both stopped. Nothing has changed except we do have 4 new hens and I let them out in intervals. The new hens have been here for 5 weeks but I am afraid to let them out together yet because the others have stopped laying. Could it be that they quit because of the new hens ? Oh I also have 2 younger ones EE mixed and they are still laying I am not sure of the age of the 2 older girls maybe 3 years or more.

Adding new hens is a big change...and causes stress that might have stopped your older hens from laying.

...or....it could be that the days are shortening and that will stop them laying too.

How all they all housed?
4 older hens - 2 stopped laying?
and 4 new hens?

our original flock of hens is 1 sex link- 1 Delaware- 1 bar rock who has not laid since we got her, and 2 ee mix that were hatched by the Delaware those two still lay. Our new girls are in their own coop and I let one set out at different times I know I should let them all out together but I am dont want them to fight and I dont know why the other 2 quit laying Hope this makes sense to you

Back
Top Bottom