Wont eat eggs because of rooster?

It's just so annoying that if I use any of these eggs in a meal or dish they won't eat it.
I honestly wouldn't tell them I used my flock eggs, I'd let them think I used store eggs just for them. It's ridiculous to think store eggs are any better or healthier, so I wouldn't feel bad making them think otherwise. The only problem I have run into was when we first starting giving our eggs away to some friends, one couple wouldn't take any. The reason being a mutual friend had been raising chickens and giving eggs away (and they got some) and they got rotten eggs. Come to find out this lady just let the chickens lay where ever and if she found the eggs she assumed they were fresh. Once this couple realized and saw how good our eggs were and good reviews from people they knew, they are are now regulars and love them. I've done a lot of educating to those that get our eggs, even those that don't. For the most part they trust what I say. It is hard for a lot of people to realize that unwashed unrefrigerated eggs can be ok, and that it's just a new westernized thing for commercial eggs. They associate refrigeration with keeping them fresh and not going bad. Plus they "look clean".

They sound like idiots. I have never seen a free range farm that didn't keep a rooster with the hens. Only time they are kept separate is in cage systems which isn't ethical at all imo.

Not sure why they are happy to eat reproductive material from a female chicken but not a male one. It seems a strange place to make a distinction. Even weirder if they are happy to eat meat.

Back
Top Bottom