Won't stop making noise!

elsathecat

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
This RIR won't stop making noise! I thought we were in the clear and had all hens but this one won't shut up. What do you think? A chatty hen or a rooster?

53289_photo1_2.jpg

looks like my RIR hens. We have one thats around 2 years old and hardly ever shuts up. We call her Bossy...lol. good layer, perfectly healthy, just like to hear herself talk.....I know a few people like that
duc.gif

Last edited:
A picture on the ground would have been better. We have hens with combs that look similar, the roos combs we have are twice the size of the one you show and are also 16 wks. Compare the saddle and hackles to your others. Is there a noticable difference? Even when I had RIRs there was no mistaking the roo a 16 wks. The Barred rock to the left had this pic taken a 12 wks. Either way you have a nice healthy looking bird.

Last edited:
Hello! Does the noise sound like crowing? I have a few noisy hens myself. One hen just walks around grumbling to herself all day, and another one is always doing that BOK BOK BOK-AAAAH thing! I'm not 100% sure, but I think it looks like a hen.

Pretty sure thats a hen Notice the rounded feathers my males are more pointed Also if you have no roo's on the yard, A hen can mimic one even crow in some instances. I wouldn't worry to much looks girly enough to me.

Here are the tail feathers. The noise is not so much a crow but a booooooooooocccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk, bbbbbbbbbbooooooooooccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk.

53289_img00127-20100715-06361_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom