Woo Hoo My Rooster Did It, Hes A Man!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by happyhens44, Jan 30, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    My roosters 11 months old (late bloomer) And My eggs "fertile-ness" is like 2/6 were fertile. I was worried. And Today I reconized how hard he would try to "Be excessful" like 5 attemps *note:that I saw of *

Tell its 8:00 pm at night , and I had to put medicine on a few of my hens comb because their frost bit. And I went to grab a hen and she flattend her back (My rooster saw her do this!) I grabbed her and started to put her medicine on, And my rooster goes into the back of the coop, and all I could hear was my rooster clucking and doing a slide movement... So I ran back there to see what was going on, and he was mating my Red sex-link! and was excessful... I guess when my barred rock hen flattend her back it gave him an idea.

Weird enough I think that made my day [​IMG] haha. Makes me feel better knowing then I go to put eggs in the bator from my coop, atleast a few will be fertile.. [​IMG] Hopefully My eggs "fertile-ness" will go up [​IMG]

BY THE WAY THE BARRED ROCK ROOSTER IN MY AVATAR IS HIM [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    LOL .. I remember how proud I was of my first rooster when he did the deed and my hens' eggs were fertile ... Lol

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

5. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    today I cracked open 2 dys worth of eggs I have been collecting and the rate was 7/14 where fertile. WOO HOO going up [​IMG] Tommorrow Im going to start collecting eggs for the bator. So by the time I get my eggs from ebay ill have around 24 of my coop eggs and 12+ from ebay [​IMG]

6. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by