Wood Ducks

My Wood duck only hatched 1 egg last year. I used Mazuri starter and crunched it into smaller pieces for a week and a half or so. I put the food on the paper towels that I put on the bottom of the brooder for the first 5 days or so because they like to peck around the ground, after that I use a bowl. I used meal worms as a treat that I fed by hand. The biggest thing that helped is I had Cinnamon teal born the same time that I brooded together so they all ate together. I think any ducklings about the same size would show them how to eat.

My Wood duck only hatched 1 egg last year. I used Mazuri starter and crunched it into smaller pieces for a week and a half or so. I put the food on the paper towels that I put on the bottom of the brooder for the first 5 days or so because they like to peck around the ground, after that I use a bowl. I used meal worms as a treat that I fed by hand. The biggest thing that helped is I had Cinnamon teal born the same time that I brooded together so they all ate together. I think any ducklings about the same size would show them how to eat.
They are soo cute! Thank you 😊

Back
Top Bottom