Wood stove add ons..any one have one from TSC

Quote:
I really like that. May I ask how much that costs?

total bill.... $10,000 ok you can pick yourself up from the floor.
that is all the underground piping, the copper in the house and barn, wiring, pumps, and unit.
we had someone we know install it, but you still have to give them something. we also had to put a new electric panel in the barn and rewired breakers to alot of stuff. also a outlet for the generator to back feed into the house from the barn, so we don't have to drag it to the house.

Last edited:
Quote:
you need one of these bad boys. they cost a lot up front but we love it. it heats the house, hot water and my barn. some months my gas bill is $20 just the cooking gas. no carring the wood in the house and best of all no hazard of burning your house down or co2 poisoning... which we got twice with the stove in the basement. we have whole logs delivered for $450, last yr we only used one load. not bad. i will go take a pic of it outside. check out this site.
http://www.centralboiler.com/

ya here it is. you have to find a dealer...

Quote:
you need one of these bad boys. they cost a lot up front but we love it. it heats the house, hot water and my barn. some months my gas bill is $20 just the cooking gas. no carring the wood in the house and best of all no hazard of burning your house down or co2 poisoning... which we got twice with the stove in the basement. we have whole logs delivered for $450, last yr we only used one load. not bad. i will go take a pic of it outside. check out this site.
http://www.centralboiler.com/

ya here it is. you have to find a dealer...

Thanks!

Buster use your search engine and look up "buying outdoor wood furnaces" there is a site that gives you a lot of pros and cons and models and the concept in general. I am at work or I could give you the site already.

Wilds of PA - most are 220 like a comment electric heater but they cant run on the 40-50 amp breaker alone that the heater does. Alot of them (that I found) require 2 breakers of about that size to work them. I looked everyway I could because we really liked the idea and the space conversion. Yet another reason we were looking at the outdoor furnaces.

i have a certified electrician that buys chicks from me every year and he told me it wouldn't be a problem installing one into my services panels.. so that is the route we are going to take when the times comes..

We have 300 amp service in the basement panel as well as upstairs in the living part of our home which has its own service panel..Lots of room for expansion from what he told me..Im certainly not an electrician and would have him hook it up for me....

Charlie

Last edited:
Key to that is:

Just because there is room in the box doesn't mean there is room in the electric service. Most common home services are only 200 amp, however if you have an electrician keep him close and happy - they are handy! I have a buddy that is an electrician and he has bailed me out more than once.

I have mine tucked back in the back yard under a very nice metal building. The dogs lot is off to one side and the chicken coop is behind the heater. I have to walk out to feed the dogs and chickens every day so it is no bother throwing a few pieces of wood in it.

I figure if I had to walk out to it 2-3 times a day it would be worth it to me to save that kind of $. I only go out 1-2 times a day depending on how cold it is.

Our hot water heater is prtty much just a storage tank. It never comes on. I have the breaker turned off at the moment. I will flip it on when we go on vacation just so we will have hot water immediately when we come back.

Clean up is a snap. Run a brush up the stack and another brush thru the smoke pipes inside the stove about once a month. Dump the ashes every other week or so. Very little upkeep.

I have had numerous phoen calls asking if they could come over to look at my heater. I came home on day with 2 guys walking around looking at it. He said I hope you don't mind. I said actually I do.

Darin

Back
Top Bottom