Woods Colony House - Portable

If you need to build bigger Woods covers what he called the long house. Essentially a 10x16 or 20x20 side by side. Keeping the same dimensions just separating inside every 10 feet. 16 or 20 deep and as wide as you want in 10 foot increments. You can easily mix or separate flocks as needed this way too, if you separate runs.

Oops not sure what I just did there above but ...so if I use the 10x16 size I would run them in a series but leave 10 feet of space as run between each building is that what you mean?

Oops not sure what I just did there above but ...so if I use the 10x16 size I would run them in a series but leave 10 feet of space as run between each building is that what you mean?
Or wait I've reread your comment a few times, and now I wonder if you mean just use a common wall between the two to make two sides to the same building so I would end up with a 20 foot wide x 16 foot deep building with a wall running down the center dividing the 20 walls in half...

Yes divide the 16x20 in half for two 16' deep x 10' wide. Or 16x30, divided into thirds. In the book he describes a 20x20, with a wall in the middle. Sorry if I threw extra dimensions in there and mixed you up.
The large 20x20 size is where he talks about the long house. Multiple 10x20 all stuck together with common walls like townhouses.

Yes divide the 16x20 in half for two 16' deep x 10' wide. Or 16x30, divided into thirds. In the book he describes a 20x20, with a wall in the middle. Sorry if I threw extra dimensions in there and mixed you up.
The large 20x20 size is where he talks about the long house. Multiple 10x20 all stuck together with common walls like townhouses.
Ok sweet thanks for the info

Happening today..........

20190112_092622.jpg

20 inches of heavy wet snow. This is the first serious test of my framing schedule as far as the ability of the monitor supports to hold a heavy snow load. So far, so good!

What I'm wondering is who is going to dig that door out so I can collect today's eggs?

Happening today..........

View attachment 1640121

20 inches of heavy wet snow. This is the first serious test of my framing schedule as far as the ability of the monitor supports to hold a heavy snow load. So far, so good!

What I'm wondering is who is going to dig that door out so I can collect today's eggs?

That looks great! I love the Woods style! Glad it is holding up!

Back
Top Bottom