Woods Coop Confusion...

KettermanHillCoop

Crowing
5 Years
Oct 23, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm really confused... I look at these fabulous Woods coops ( @Howard E , @JackE , @Jeff8482 ) and I see the windows in the scratch area across from each other...with the door in the coop area.

w-2.jpg w-3.jpg w-1.jpg

Yet....when I look at the drawing in the Woods book....there is only one window in the scratch area and a door and a window in coop area. See "red oval"? That's a wall...not a window. What the hecks is goin' on here???? :idunno The figure I'm using below is for the 6' x 10' version (located on page 130 of the book). Did Dr. Woods change up the design because the coop is smaller?

20180126_134832.jpg

Last edited:
Woods coop is a concept of making a SUPER VENTILATED COOP. Each person can custom alter with additional windows or place door where they fit their needs.
Note that each one of those pix is slightly different.
Are you considering a WOOD's Coop??? I would have one If I had the room for one.
I'd like to go with a Wood's Coop if I can figure it all out...*sigh* I'm leaning toward the 6' x 10' version. I went back and forth with the 8' x 12'...but I'm not sure I want that big of a box in the woods. Eh...I don't know yet...lol.

I thought the placement of all window components were part of the integrity of the fresh air principle...???

Back
Top Bottom