Wooh! My first Mille Fleurs! :D

Mary Of Exeter

Songster
10 Years
Apr 10, 2009
Rowan County, NC
Today I got 8 Mille Fleur D'Uccle chicks
smile.png
Complete with floofy beards and nice muffs on the feet so far. It's dark now but tomorrow I shall take pictures! I'm not sure how many roos and hens I have, but I'm hoping not too many roos
fl.gif
Luckily the guy said he had about 20 more so if I do end up with too many males, he'll trade
smile.png
These little boogers were 1.50 each. Not bad if you ask me. Sure beats paying $12 just to ship some eggs you don't even know will make it, let alone hatch!
From what I saw taking them out of the box, there seems to be quite a variety in the feathering, even if it's just the slightest difference in shade of feathers/fluff. They also don't look quite as "spangled" as most Milles I see...will that come once they get a little older, or am I stuck with plain ole buff n' black birds?

Oh, exciting, isn't it? I hatched some D'uccle the day after Easter. One is a very adorable Mille Fleur.
Another one started out looking like this:
10705_52penguin.jpg

and a few weeks later, looked like this:
62penguin.jpg

And the mille:
10705_614millelinc.jpg

So, don't give up on yours yet. The color might come in. How old are they?
And how lucky that you can trade in the roos!!

They hatched out the first of the month
smile.png
So almost 20 days. I'm uploading the pictures now. You'll see there are a few very millie looking ones, and others look like they're all buff and black.

Here's the little D'uccle chickies
smile.png

http://picasaweb.google.com/MaryOfExeter/June19th2009#

It's in the 90's here, so the brooder isn't the best place for these guys. As you can see, they were panting
tongue.png
They're out in the pen with the other teen chicks now. We got home last night with these guys way after dark, so that's why they were in the brooder to begin with. Wanted to make sure they could see to eat and drink.

They are so cute!! The buff ones seem like they might be feathering slower than the others. It will be interesting to see how they turn out!!

Back
Top Bottom