WOOHOO....1st EGG!...Update W/ pics

How wonderful!!! I can't wait for my turn
yippiechickie.gif

yippiechickie.gif

yippiechickie.gif

yippiechickie.gif

Just and update here. SO far she has laid 4 eggs in 5 days
clap.gif
the first was in the coop but not in her nesting box, but the last 3 where right out in the run
he.gif
and all were either late morning or early to mid afternoon. Ive got golf balls (2) in her/ their nest. I am Thinking that it may be just a lil too warm in there for em right now, But is there anything else i could be doing to get her to lay IN the coup?
idunno.gif

Oh and crazy4daisy, I did snap some pics with my phone both by itself and along side a "store bought" egg just for comparison but we just got these new phones and i don't have a USB cable of of yet to up load em.

Forrest

oh fun! I can't wait for my ladies to start laying. They are 15 weeks. I'm going to be on the look out for odd behavior. It has been a long time since we had first-timers around here.
big_smile.png

how exciting for you thunderstruck:)
mine have been laying for about a month. it is exciting, the first time i got four eggs in one day i was really "egging" them on (pardon the pun,Lol) telling them what a great job they did and to keep it up!
you mentioned what your neighbor must have thought, i have a story on here under flying. good thing no neighbors can see me on our land. i looke like a freak chasing a chicken!:eek:

Thunderstruck...
If you have text messaging on your phone, you might be able to text the picture to your email address. Thats how I get pic's from my phone to my computer!

For those of you that asked for pics, here is the first egg by its self then the same egg along side a store bought one...
617353463_1d741cc787.jpg

617353455_bd86d061ca.jpg

She has laid 3 more since this one and in fact we ate all 4 today with breakfast...Mmmmmm yummy

Forrest

Back
Top Bottom