Woohoo! $25 coop w/pics just needs wire, I think

Quote:
Just teach them who thier enemies are
wink.png
and only answer to friends!!!!
gig.gif

I put mine up on a platform 2 feet high. It provided a bottom which the playhouse didn't have and gives the chickie girls a dry place underneath to get out of the rain and make dust bath holes. You could fill one of the large square openings with plywood and a nice big exterior nest box. I'm in South Mississippi so extreme cold isn't an issue. For the Winter I have vinyl covers that velcro over the wire openings to close things up on the windy sides. I made a big plywood door as my playhouse door was only half height. Your wall look flat which is good, mine are curved which made some things more interesting than they needed to be! Silicone caulk is your friiend. I used lots of it to make the roof and sides water tight (so far) Picture follows.

40541_playschool_coop_2.jpg

I made one a month or so back. I got mine off of Freecycle. I had a very nice member help me out. She suggested I use Phillips Washer Head Sheet Metal screws 1/2 or 5/8 inch. They worked perfectly. I used the smallest hardware cloth. I didn't make a platform for mine I just put in inside a seperated area in my coop. Works perfectly!!

Missi

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for the ideas! It does appear that I could insulate it inside the walls. And the floor is made with deep grooves to look like cobblestones; good suggestion to cover it with something more 'poop' friendly. I will have to modify the door since it is a half door. I didn't think about that either. DH is a commercial fisherman and has some coated wire that he uses for traps that works great. We have it on the big coop at the bay and it is tough stuff. It is 45" tall and 51" long and 36" wide; I think its just right for 5 good size chickens to sleep in. This is so much fun! What did I do before I had chickens?

Back
Top Bottom