WooHoo! Double Surprise... w/pics!!

Those little stinkers are so adorable
sad.png

Hope you rewarded them both with a big bang
wink.png

Quote:
Depending on where OP is from she could sell them on C-list. Lot's of folks in the south eat them.

I have heard that a lot of people do eat them, but I have never tried them. DH said he hasn't eaten them before but it has been many years ago.

Greetings, May look cute but last summer I had 3 baby chicken slaughtered with pieces all over the back yard-make no mistake they are survivors!
sad.png

Quote:
As long as by "let them go" - she lets them go on their way to the big 'coon tree in the sky
thumbsup.gif

Not only is it illegal in many states/counties to trap and release predators; it is cruel to release them in a "new" territory - they will have to fight, most often to the death, to establish their own space (other 'coons already live there). These two have also learned about traps now, and will not make the same mistake again - so they are double trouble for any other person who has chickens.

Quote:
As long as by "let them go" - she lets them go on their way to the big 'coon tree in the sky
thumbsup.gif

Not only is it illegal in many states/counties to trap and release predators; it is cruel to release them in a "new" territory - they will have to fight, most often to the death, to establish their own space (other 'coons already live there). These two have also learned about traps now, and will not make the same mistake again - so they are double trouble for any other person who has chickens.

x2 I wish more people understood that.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

x2 I wish more people understood that.

We sure do. I despise having to kill an animal, but sometimes there is no other choice. Being a chicken owner it is my responsibility to care for my birds and ensure their safety. Sometimes this means making hard decisions like killing a predator. It would solve nothing to take the animals to another location and "dump" them. All that would do is "dump" my problem on some other person. That person would then be forced to deal with a problem that I caused. I will not do that. For years, people have dumped unwanted pets in the area where we live. This is so awful. People should never have pets (chickens included) if they are not willing to care for them and make hard choices when necessary.

Back
Top Bottom