WooHoo!!! It worked, I'm so happy!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by USMCwifey, Apr 12, 2011.

1. USMCwifey

USMCwifey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    WNY
    I put the little ducklings in a plastic pool in my living room with me for an hour or so. Got them comfy, than finely chopped up some broccoli tops and carrots and stuck my hand in for a few minutes. After a few minutes the first one took a little nibble and before I knew it they were all around my hand munching away!!! [​IMG] I got some duck food after words and they kept letting me feed them from my hand! [​IMG] I'm so happy now! I'm gonna keep doing it everyday so they get use to me. I was talking to them too and it was so cute, they would kinda tilt their little heads like they were listening to every word. I <3 My [​IMG]!!!!

2. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] Congrats!

3. AdamD77

AdamD77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    That was a major step with me too, now they're really friendly [​IMG]

4. Duck Mad

Duck Mad Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW how sweet [​IMG]

I always feel honoured with my duckys, cause they follow me sit with me and if im not in the garden they wait by the door calling me lol .. and when im in the house and they are outside I call their names and watching through the window, the right duck responds to their name strecthing their neck right up looking for me and quacking (or hissing as drakes do) ... its so lovelt to interact with these birds [​IMG] .... I'd say ducks are very clever

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by