WooHoo!!! It worked!!!

NewToFarming

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Millersburg, PA
My broody was sitting on five eggs however the first two that hatched were laid a little over a week earlier and she got off of the nest about 9 days ago so I decided to try them in a bator to see if they would hatch and one is on its way hatching now.
I started them in a home made bator but it was so hard to regulate the temps in it and the DH had it spike to about 105 so he went and picked me up a little giant on Thursday and I put them in there for the last few days.
I am so excited because this is the first time I actually got to see one hatch!!!
wee.gif
:
celebrate.gif
:
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
He made it!!! It took him awhile but he got it!!! I am just surprised any hatched at all after what these eggs went through!!

Here are the just hatched pics! I will take more after he is nice & dry & fluffy. It is a silkie chick.

629152cd.jpg

7eef6e61.jpg

90e28876.jpg

70ab0107.jpg

I promise to upload some more pics tonight!!! But I had to let you all know that 3 out of 3 hatched!!!!
wee.gif
I am really amazed especially going from broody to bator and with the major temp changes & spikes with the first bator I had used.!!!
The last one just hatched out right before I left for work this morning so I didn’t get a chance to check him out real well. He is definitely bigger than the other 2 and had a harder time. I am not sure about his one leg and his feet looked huge. I don’t know. I will have to check him out better when I get home.
You won’t believe the color the first one turned out to be!!! I am not sure if these are full silkies or not now. I guess these eggs could have still been fertile from the hens previous home which would have been 10 to 12 days before these little guys were laid.
I will do my best to get some pics uploaded tonight!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom