Wooohoooo - first egg!! Wooopie!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jenichick, Sep 5, 2007.

1. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    I was having a rough day today, I got home from a hard day at work, and without even changing like I usually do I went straight out to the coop (well after grabbing a beer), and I thought, Lord it would be cool to find and egg.....I thought I doubt it they're only 17 weeks 4 days old, and I've been reading on BackYardChickens and most don't get their eggs until 18-20 weeks.

I took my Coors light, and my attitude and strolled into the run. The girls came flying out of the coop excited to see me. I checked the outside water, then went into the coop, I looked across the floor nothing, then scanned the 8 nest boxes, 4 on top 4 down,......then across the top again...wait.....on the far right, what is that ........[​IMG] is that an egg???!!! can't be....maybe hubby planted it like southernchicks, cuz he thought that was funny, but wait..............[​IMG]

nope it was a perfectly shaped, beautiful little round light brown pullet egg! [​IMG] My attitude was quickly reformed as I scooped up my little treasure and carefully took it in to preserve for hubby to see!

I think I know which one laid it, she's small, looks like a silver grey dorking but doesn't have 5 toes, and has grey legs. I wish I had all my pics hosted....I will soon, but she was loud and proud when I walked in.

Hope to have pics soon, just wanted to share the joy! It's amazing how a little egg can turn a rough day into a better day![​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Congratulations on your first EGG. I'm so jealous of all you getting your first eggs [​IMG]

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    is that an egg???!!! can't be....maybe hubby planted it like southernchicks, cuz he thought that was funny

I told him all my excitement was wasted on the fake egg that when i finally find a real one I will just be like "oh look...an egg".

I'm so happy for you. Sorry you had a crappy day.​

4. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Congrats on your first egg! [​IMG]
    Yiipchick not workin' again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by