Work around for apron?

gclarrot

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
My husband, while building the coop didn’t consider one side of the coop/run. No fault of his own.

It’s in the most ideal spot in the yard for wind/rain and with tons of shade!

The run is basically up against a fence, with maybe a couple inches in between.

Should we dig a trench and bury the cloth along the run and one side of the coop? Or do we assume that no predator will dig in 3 inches between the run wall and fence?
And if we can dig and it will protect predators how far do we bury the cloth?

Thank you!

Need more info on the fence. You can lay the apron in the 3 inches but if an animal can just dig from the other side of the fence it will go under the apron.

Honestly I would bury the apron about 12 inches down along that side.

Need more info on the fence. You can lay the apron in the 3 inches but if an animal can just dig from the other side of the fence it will go under the apron.

Honestly I would bury the apron about 12 inches down along that side.

Neighbors fence. He’s been helping him build it this week. It’s open on the other a side of the fence, as no obstruction. His side of the fence is all grass.

Neighbors fence. He’s been helping him build it this week. It’s open on the other a side of the fence, as no obstruction. His side of the fence is all grass.
Would he allow you to bury an apron a few inches down?
Or go straight down digging from neighbors side.

Would he allow you to bury an apron a few inches down?
Or go straight down digging from neighbors side.
We figured, we'd dig down the 12 inches and just bury the apron along those sides. It's just one of those things, that just got missed into the consideration of the animals in this area. although all the yards in our hood is fenced....we still have coyotes and foxes. haven't heard one getting in a fenced backyard but when there is a will..there will be a way.

We figured, we'd dig down the 12 inches and just bury the apron along those sides. It's just one of those things, that just got missed into the consideration of the animals in this area. although all the yards in our hood is fenced....we still have coyotes and foxes. haven't heard one getting in a fenced backyard but when there is a will..there will be a way.
At least you have access from neighbors yard?

At least you have access from neighbors yard?

We shouldn’t have problems digging the trench even where the run is.

If something does happen, or something does attempt to dig where the hardware cloth trench is I’m sure he would be okay with us dropping some where’s his fence is.

Back
Top Bottom