Work to Live or Live to Work

I work to live, fingers crossed, a client that owes $600.00 pays me tomorow please. So this way, I can live this weekend.. Their millonairs and sometimes are slow to pay me.. Sure hope to win lottery and live to vollenter!

I work to live also.. I think most people do nowadays.
sad.png

I got paid today though so I'm good for another week..

I am retired now. Never expected to be. Just figured I'd be there until they carried me out. I only retired because my already long-retired spouse wanted me home with him. Not once as I got ready for work did I resent having to go in while he was staying home.

I loved what I did and still 'guest' teach from time to time. Always said I'd have worked for free. (Shush! Don't tell the school board!)

I also believe that I could never have afforded being able to teach for over 30 years without my DH to make the money I spent on my classroom.

Still gotta keep doing something so I live to work. It's just that now I get to pick and choose my 'work'.

Definitely work to live......
Think so few today live to work....
If they do that then they are truly blesssed.

I work in a prison kitchen, & I often see inmates come in
& I say Hi, How are you doing!?!
They say "I am blessed" - they are in PRISON
& they tell me they are the blessed ones.
It always gives me a new perspective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cost too much to go to school to do what
you would love to get up in the morning
to do what you love!!!!!

So my advice is when you to wake up to a new day
Think of it as a Good Day.

Peace, Out

My boyfriend works to live. He wakes up at 4 a.m. to start work at 6 a.m., doesn't stop work until 4:30 p.m. and gets home around 5-5:30 p.m. Sometimes they will ask him to work on Saturdays. Hopefully all this pays off, we save enough money to buy land this year, and the rest is history...haha.

I'm a freak, I love my job whenI get to play engineer, trying to solve problems. When I need to play project manager, it's not so fun. I'm not crazy about trying to keep jobs in budget and dealing with managing people. I much rather just fix problems.

Jim

Last edited:
I'd probably have to go with live to work.
lol.png

Besides the fact that I love keeping busy, it's an added bonus that I can make money while I'm at it!
thumbsup.gif

Work to live right now…sadly. But that also has to do with the fact that I need startup money to build my farm so I can live to work, but the fun work then. It all takes time and a lot of sacrifice…

I once worked to live, but now that I am retired I live to work. There are some advantages to old age.
old.gif
Now I work at what I want - not someone else's wishes. That is unless the Princess 'pins' me down.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom