worked on pond some more

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif

cool.png

yeah. pond didn't freeze last night. my tea i left out over night, did. so, at least for now, it's large enough. i should get a pick axe for later i think. hmmm. time for someone to magically give me one, i guess.
smile.png

it was so fun this morning to see them out on their pond. it is really only big enough for them to swim and bathe one at a time. well, thre is physically enouhg room for all three plus more, but i get the feeling it is a territorial thing. or, maybe the others watch out for the one bathing? who knows.

anyway. on this cold morning waking up and seein my birds in the water and eating the refrigerator leftovers i slopped them with in a water trough (they love to sift it through water) i had the best thaksgiving i've had in years.

they ate leftover canned pumpkin, old gross lettuce, weird dried pasta from where knows where, lots and lots of corn tortialls, old tomatos, old eggs, baked potatos which htey LOVE, brococoli, etc. they had a happy thanksgiving. now i'm going to friend's house to eat a thanksgiving that didn't come right out of the garbage, thank you very much.
smile.png

glad to here u,all had a good thanksgiving pickles.ur a trip i look forward to reading ur post everyday..i was raised by a whole bunch of different people my parents died when i was 5 im 42 now.i was raised on a farm most of my time. my whole family in the past where farmers.peaches, hogs. corn,.. i love the old ways. make do with what ya got thats what iv always done.and i guess thats why i like to read ur post.u seem to be like me in that way.love the farm animals.and spending time outside.

johhnyjack, that is very sweet. i feel the same way. i was raised city but by rural people. we had a definite make do heritage. i went to school with my pants duct taped up to make a hem and such. lol.

i tend to just get the idea in my head i can do something and then god or my stubborness, whichever is quicker on the gun, gets me there.
smile.png
i'm sure you know how that is.

the mud hole is doing fine this moring. we had a dusting of snow last night, but nothing to sludge through. much more like frosting.

glad to have the day off today so i can fix up my front yard which is looking like well, like i live here. lol.

my magical, fantastical ultimate goal for the pond is to buy the propety next door so i can have a quarter acre pond. i think that would be the niftiest.

ps. if i go outside and get a close look and that pond is frozen over, i'm coming after johnny jack to bring his pick axe and go to work.
wink.png

well, i guess it depends. i'm forty. started my gray hair early, though. young or old, i'm a well formed gal at two fifty. tough enough to wrassle any billy goat to the ground. lol. but, with pearl earrings at the same time. smell like a goat, look like a grand. that's me.

Back
Top Bottom