Workers comp anyone

I think laws may differ from state to state. I was told once that unless there is negligence on the company's side, all you could recover ws the difference in the wages you would have earned and what workman's comp paid. Of' course, they could offer concessions like open medical ,a guananteed job,etc. Good luck and so sorry about your injury.

Quote:
theres NO such thing as too young for disability.whoever told you that doesnt know what their talking about.i got it 2 years ago at age 38 ,, and i know a guy thats 23 thats on disability.

Thats what a doc and a lawyer told me. I hope i can get it. because there is days i don't get off the couch but to use the bathroom. I'm more of a libillty than a asset. Who in there right mind would hire me. i have my church praying and other people. We will see what happens. Also i didn't really have what you will say a good job that payed the (t) word If you know what i mean

Quote:
I'm going through the disability thing too and I thought I'd get one of those lawyers... What they don't tell you about the lawyers fee is that there is a maximum lawyers fee that they can charge you (in PA it's $5000) but what they don't tell you is that this doesn't include expenses! Ex: medical records fees, travel, etc... So they can really rack up the bill if they want to!!

See if your local welfare office has a disability advocate program... They are a HUGE help and mine has a list of lawyers that go through your advocate to get all the paperwork, etc... so it keeps the additional costs WAY down... It's nice to have someone on your side
smile.png

Good luck BTW... and there is no such thing as being too young! Disability is a FEDERAL thing... so the rules shouldn't differ from state to state. You do have to have a work history that is over (I THINK) 10 years? So that you've paid into the system long enough...

I'll be hoping real hard for you!!!

ETA: I was denied the first time too... Don't give up!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom