Working on our first coop~ It's finished!! w/ new pics

lxlzbaca

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 31, 2010
New Mexico
We decided to take the plunge & get chickens this year. I have always had my eye on the Playhouse coop. My DH is working on the All in One coop from Building Chicken Coops for Dummies. So far it is coming together really nicely & he is really enjoying building it. The whole thing is 4x8. Please excuse the mess in our backyard, we are getting ready to landscape. I'll keep updating this thread as we move along.
wink.png

344xdgw.jpg

xnhsf9.jpg

1zgyhch.jpg

wlpq9c.jpg

nbq5pk.jpg

2dkn86s.jpg

vhry4l.jpg

1j2lq1.jpg

5ff6oj.jpg

2zns7ci.jpg

n1pes2.jpg

2iurgch.jpg

Last edited:
that coop is coming along and looks good
another month, and snow will be gone in my area and i start building

Looking really good! And I see he has the hang of actually making the wood pieces meet up, which I didn't when I built mine! LOL!
lol.png
It's amazing how even small buildings need to conform to those nasty laws of gravity and load-bearing!
roll.png

Keep showing us the photos as you go along! Good luck - I love having chickens!!

Hi there. Your coop looks great!! What type of chickens do you have? Also how large will your run be? Keep us updated on your progress... can't wait to see
smile.png

Ilove those sand yards! With 9 pit bulls and one little terrier, I wish my yard was sand!!!!

That coop looks great and yes,the workmanship makes me jealous! Keep pics coming.

Thanks everyone! He is really enjoying building it.

Quote:
We have 2 Easter Eggers, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Leghorn, & 1 Barred Rock. We also have a mix of eggs coming next week, so hopefully we'll have more. The info for the coop says it is for 4-6 chickens, so we'll be giving away any extras. The dimensions are 4x8. Inside the house is about 1 1/2-2 feet off the ground and is around 4X4.

Quote:
And I hate the sand yard!
lau.gif
We have 3 dogs & it gets everywhere! We are putting rocks & more grass to minimize the sand.

Back
Top Bottom